or Connect

Posts by wannabe

Quote: Originally Posted by griffin2004 the honest truth is that many people DO think it's better to have boys than girls maybe you could use a deflection like "yes, DD1 and DD2 are fabulous big sisters; DS1 simply adores them" which stops the "man child" ridiculousness and puts the focus back on your girls my DD and I are of different ethnicities and I use this technique when someone says something boneheaded to us Except that girls are...
Quote: Originally Posted by XanaduMama Also, take a B vitamin supplement (great for stress). Take a LOT (you can't poison yourself with it, but you need big doses for it to work.) Does your baby like the exersaucer? Do you have one? (Or a swing, as PP suggested.) I couldn't live without mine. The shrieking and clinginess during the day make me wonder about teething. Are teeth approaching? Have you tried a dose of Tylenol or equivalent, or homeopathic...
That sounds like an appalling situation, Lisa I can see why you're so torn - it's your health as well as your child's, and it's so hard to be a good mother when you are so mentally and physically run down? I agree that the waking up screaming sounds like something's going on. Have you had a WBV lately and had them look at ears and nose? Is reflux a possibility? How about trying a partial elimination diet? Just cut out dairy, or dairy, soy and wheat if you can swing it....
I've been reading up on mortgages. I never understood them when we did them at high school, and I still don't! Although I do remember my project house with longing - it was a 3/4 bedroom family house with a yard in a nice area... for $120,000. Now it would go for $300-400,000. : Anyway, they say you shouldn't pay them off early because it's cheap money, and you can use the money that could have gone into it to invest at a higher interest rate. So you're borrowing at...
I would go for a side by side, but make it a jogger so the front wheels don't need to be perfectly aligned to get through a door.
Quote: Originally Posted by Family4Christ She obviously needs to accept being held, as she's not going to remain in a stroller for the next 6 months. Oh, I also noticed that when I'm holding her, she won't interact with me or even look at me. But, when I'm not holding her, she's all smiles and coos and constant eye contact. What in the world can I do? It's hard, but I think you're going to have to work out how to parent the baby you...
Good luck with the record keeping. We have a nap/preschool clash too. luckily my husband's work hours/location are flexible so he starts late and works at home putting the baby to sleep while I do the dropoff.
I think it's reactionary.
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna Depends on the kid. Napping or not didn't impact dd one way or the other as an infant. Ds likes his morning nap these days- 30 min worth. Afternoon doesn't matter either way. -Angela Wow, that's amazing that she can be calm and happy with no sleep. All the kids I know get needy and clingy and upset easily, and nurse a TON when they're chronically overtired.
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan Yeah those would be more advanced. I mean I'm sewing toys for her, like a bit of crinkly plastic in a fabric pocket, and a little stuffed thingy with ribbon loops and some buttons so it rattles a bit. I thought you must mean something else.