or Connect

Posts by roblauerin

where on LI do you live? I live in Kings Park...my pediatrician doesn't exactly supporty my decision, but she has never denied treatment or pushed the issue. If you want her name, PM me :)
Thank you for the reply! :) I still can't can't get the form up though, maybe it's just my old computer...
in NY, a physical & dental exam are needed every other year...so I was safe last year. My doc doesn't give me a hard time, (anymore), but I'm afraid of what the school may do. I was fortunate that they didn't question my exemption when she started Kindergarten. ugh. this always puts a knot in my stomach :( Also, I am unable to find the NYS exemption form online. When I do, I get a 'run time error' pop up & I can't print it out...I would appreciate any suggestions!!!...
og geez, really??? My doc told me that AF would arrive like it always has.I'm prepared for the longer, heavier cycles, but I am not prepared to guess when I'm getting AF...ugh...
I had one inserted on 7/28, CD 3. It really wasn't so bad & my period didn't get worse, just light spotting for 2-3 days longer than usual. I was so excited & thought I was very fortunate. I couldn't feel the strings at all. I tried everyday. About a week later, I started spotting again, but it was only noticeable when I wiped after urinating (sorry if TMI).On CD19 I felt the strings for the first time & they were long! I didn't feel anything else though. Today, I'm on CD...
well, I registered her last week. Gosh, I was so nervous! I submitted the brief statement on the NYS form. I decided to hold onto the more detailed letter for future use if needed. The school nurse just smiled, asked me if I had my own copy & seemed 'ok' with it. The woman handling the other paperwork rolled her eyes a little, but just nodded & didn't say a word. *whew* I know this may not be over, but I am relieved for the time being. I'm sure they'll asked for more later...
Thank you BabyPie! I will contact him again tomorrow while Erin is at camp...it's so difficult to concentrate with her around...love her to death, but she's very spirited & demanding lol...I wish Gary would take credit cards over the phone..heehee...I don't expect anyone to write it for me, I'm just afraid of saying the 'wrong' thing, I'm sure they read these letters very carefully...
Thank you again for helping me with my concerns. I sent a copy of my religious letter to Gary & he said it was about "50% there". He said I needed to add more personal experience, which, honestly,is going to be very difficult for me...I'm not a religious person, so to speak. I've read what he has sent me, but I'm still a bit confused...for a fee he willhelp w/ the letter writing process, right? I'm willing to pay anything in order for her to attend school...
Quote: Originally Posted by healthgirl Roblauerin - I was just wondering if your 5 year old DD goes to public school and if you managed to get a religious wavier? My DD just turned 5 the other day and although she was vaxed up to two years old, she won't be getting any more shots and I'll be filing a religious exemption. I live in Smithtown so I'm wondering if it's possible to get a religious wavier in this area or even on Long Island. Thanks for any...
Hi all! I hope you don't mind if I join you although, I think I joined this tribe back in '06, but I've been MIA for awhile I grew up in Northport, but have been living in Kings Park for the last 10 years. I have a 5 y/o DD, Erin. We do not vax & I am as holistic/natural as I can be being that my DH is the opposite...but, I try really hard. GreenT~there is a great doc in Huntington, I'll ask my brother his name as I can't think of it right now. Dr. Larry Palevsky is...