or Connect

Posts by PB's Mom

Yipee!!!  I'll see you there.     ~Mary~
I am just looking into the GAPS diet for food allergies and healing the gut.  I just happened to find a conference here in Colorado next weekend that teaches all of the GAPS stuff.  Making the broth, fermenting the veggies, etc....  It's not a GAPS specific conference, but she has done GAPS workshops in the past, and I called her and she said she would include GAPS information in the conference for me.  I told her I'd try to get the word out about the conference.  There...
I am trying to figure out what to do with my 3 kids if I need to go out and get a job. Ages are 9, 6, and almost 3. We are thinking about moving closer to my parents, but they are not really able to help out much. So, here are my questions: 1. Can you even make enough money to pay for day care? 2. Do most of the day cares take the kids during spring break/winter break/ and odd days off of school, such as teacher work days? 3. What do you do when the kids are...
Quote: You cured you son's autism with food? How does that work? I have a mildly autistic son as well. It's not quite as simple as changing the diet, although that was huge for Peter. It starts with the lyme disease. They are now connecting lyme disease to autism and other spectrum disorders. I had NO idea we all had lyme. Apparently I had it and passed it to each child during pregnancy. Only one child ended up with Asperger's. So...we worked on...
Thanks! The USDA says the "moderate" cost for family of four is about $800/month. Low budget is a little less than $700. We spent an average of $1300-1400/month at the health food stores. We actually spent more in food/treatments than our total income. No wonder all the credit cards are maxed out. Autism is expensive!!!! I guess the good thing is that we'll be getting money back. Was it worth it? YES!! YES!! YES!! Peter just finished his last homeopathy...
Okay.....just need a quick response. We are doing our taxes, and we are deducting the extra money we spend on special food. We all have allergies and are on the GFCF diet. I know what we spend, but what I need to know is what does an average family spend on normal food per month? There are 5 in our family. 2 adults, and 3 boys ages 8, 5, and 2. Anyone? Thanks in advance. Mary
I don't know why I didn't think of this before.... I just got off the phone with the owner of the company. There is a new product that is amazing. It's called Liquid Probiotics. It will address any viral, bacterial, or fungal issue. You could skip all of the doctors, and just take this product!! It's not cheap. About $50-$60/bottle, but well worth it. It will ultimately save you money that you won't be spending on the doctors. They also have a product called...
I would recommend a chiropractor that does kinesiology (muscle testing). Be sure to get one that has the viles to test with. If it is a good chiropractor, he/she would be able to identify the pathogen(s) that are causing the issues. A chiroparctor with a rife machine (or "zapping" machine) would be even better. You might also want to look at a list of lyme disease symptoms and see if any of them fit. If so, I would (first see if he muscle tests positive for lyme with...
I was in the hospital last night for an inner ear infection. It was horrible. They filled me up with drugs and now I'm not sure if I can nurse. The baby is 24 months, so he's not really a baby. Here is the list of drugs they gave me. If anyone has the Medication and Mother's Milk book, and would like to look these up for me, that would be great!! Of course, I asked the doctor about it, and he just said I should go ahead an wean. : Morphine 4mg rocephin...
I think what is passed from mother to child is the bacteria that causes the decay. If Mom has a huge load of strep, then the baby will have it too. I also have lyme disease, and that was passed to the baby. Lyme disease is one of the bacterias that contributes to tooth decay. I think if you have all of those bacterias in the mouth, then the sugary milk doesn't help things. I'm going to try the extra vitamins and see if I can get those teeth stronger. I'll limit the...