or Connect

Posts by PB's Mom

Okay,....this is round 3 for us. I thought I would be able to avoid it with my third child, but I didn't. He nurses a lot at night, and his top 2 front teeth are really bad with decay. He'll need caps. The dentist want to use metal, but I REALLY don't want metal in his mouth. I can't find anyone else in town who will even work on him (he's only 15 months). Why is this happening? Does anyone else out there have the same problem? Does anyone nurse at night and...
The thing about autism (or ASD) and lyme is that if the lyme is addressed, then the autism can get better, and even go away. Some autistic children have gotten better by ONLY treating lyme. Others need to address additional issues, such as gut, metals, etc...... We are working on everything for my child. I just want him to be able to get through the day without screaming at everyone. He is sick, and I'm just trying to get him better. I'm not trying to change his...
Here is a letter writen by the co-founder of the LIA Foundation. I thought it was very interesting and thought I would pass it along. I just recently found out that I have lyme disease (no symptoms) and have passed it on to my 3 children (one who has Asperger's.) WHY THE AUTISM EPIDEMIC WILL CONTINUE, DESPITE REFUSAL TO VACCINATE Dear Autism Community We have been led to believe that the sole reason for this epidemic of late, is that we are vaccinating too...
I just found out that I have lyme, and also my 3 children. I believe I passed it to them during pregnancy. I think I've had it for at least 13 years. When I lived in Missouri I bought a house that was infested with fleas, and had hundreds of bites. I remember having lots of strange symptoms after that (can't remember how long after)...but I had never even heard of lyme disease. I went to various doctors for my symptoms, but was always told "oh, that just happens to...
I had a meeting yesterday with the Principle, and they are starting a "Wellness" committee next year. He said he would like to have me be on the committee! He is considering taking food out of the classroom. I gave him lots of articles to read, and he did read them. I also suggested they could use cheap little toys instead of candy, and that I would be happy to donate some. He said he hadn't thought of that. He said the biggest concerns are for the potentially...
I agree that people will not be willing to give up their comfort foods. And I'm not trying to tell people that they should "get healthy" and "Loose weight". I'm trying to get the message out there that if they eat/drink things with aspartame they could get cancer or MS or any of several health issues because the stuff is poison. Wouldn't someone be more willing to give up diet soda than mom's pot roast in order to avoid becoming really sick, or to even die from this...
Okay, you all are right. I grew up as a Pastor's daughter, but never pushed religion on anyone. I've found that if I share a little bit of my knowledge about nutrition to those who need it most (autistic child's parent or someone who has celiac, etc...) then I just say a little, wait 6 months, say a little more, and eventually they may give it a try. After I watched those movies, I was just so shocked at the true dangers of aspartame and MSG, and the fact that...
I'm also trying to get the junk food out of the classroom at my DS's school. I was just horified Friday when I saw the teacher standing at the door after school handing out handfuls of Skittles to each kid as they left : It's the parents that will have to deal with the affects of that when they get home!! I loaned the "Behavior and Nutrition" DVD to the principle. I don't think he's watched it. I have a meeting with him tomorrow morning. My DS is on a very...
Okay, here are the names of the movies. I'll also list some other movies that I think are great, that you can rent from Netflix, or other rental places. (Also one link to a google video): Behavior and Nutrition, by Dr. Russell Blaylock (neurosurgeon) about sugar, MSG, excititoxins and what these things do to the brain. https://host328.ipowerweb.com/~littl...cf078095ac91c3 Sweet Misery, A Poisoned World (about aspartame and it's link to MS, brain tumors,...
I've been researching the nutrition/diet thing for 3 years now. I've learned a lot!!!!!!!! I recently found 3 movies that get the message across pretty good, and I bought 20 copies of each movie, planning to lend them out to other parents at my DS's school. They talk about the dangers of artificial sweetners, sugar, MSG, etc..... So, I emailed everyone in my DS's class and told them the movies were available for FREE, as long as they were returned to me. Only ONE Mom...