or Connect

Posts by PB's Mom

Has anyone heard of this new drink called "SPIKE"? I havn't seen a can yet, but the owner of the local "BIG CITY BURRITO" said that someone was in trying to get her to sell the stuff in her restaurant. She called the other downtown store, and they said "Yeah, it's great. The college kids love it!!" ...and the man trying to sell it to her said the high school kids would love it in her neighborhood. The man told her to try it, but share half with someone else. So, she...
We are seeing a new chiropractor, and he has supplements from "Energetix" that he uses. I am familiar with what they are designed to do, so I'm comfortable with them. However, he told me to use something called "core artemisia blend" for my 3 yr old's ear infection. He said to put 4-5 drops of it in some warm olive oil and fill the ear canal, put in a cotton ball, and try to leave it in all night. I'm trying to avoid antibiotics, so I'm willing to try!!! We did...
He has red blistery bumps on his privates. Is this yeast? Chicken pox? They seem to be spreading pretty fast. This is baby #3, and we've never dealt with yeast issues before. I have an appointment with Dr. tomorrow, but wondering what I should do. Could this be something infection other than chicken pox? He is 9 months old. No vaccines.
Weak immune system - YES - from vaccines. He had everything up until he was 9 months, then we stopped. (My 8 month old baby has had no vaccines, and he is by far the healthiest!!!!!!!!!) So, how do I fix the damage done to my 3 yr old? My 6 yr old has Asperger's Syndrome -also partially from vaccine damage. We have a program for him that we are working on, but I'm not sure what the best thing is to do for my 3 yr old. Should I just support the immune system, and get...
Yes, he does seem to be sensitive to environmental allergies, but the croup was from the parainfluenza virus. We have an air purifier, which helps, but I need to know how to get those tonsils down.
Someone tell me what to do. My 3yr old has huge tonsils. He's always sick, he doesn't breath good at night. We had to call 911 last week because he woke up with croup, and couldn't breath. I can't stand to see him so miserable all the time. He is gluten/casein/dye free. We should probably go sugar free too, but havn't yet. The chiropractor we are seeing started him on a lymph-tone supplement, but it hasn't helped yet. He has a very weak immune system. We also did...
Yeah!! Hope you don't have to use it much longer. My DS was 4 weeks early, and had rapid breathing, so they stuck a feeding tube in him and I had to pump for over a week. He was also very tired, so when he did get to start nursing he didn't last for very long, so they gave the rest to him in the tube or a bottle. He came home on day 9, and I only had to pump for a couple of days and use a bottle for only 1 feeding each day, then we were strickly on the breast!! So...
Thanks Vera, He is doing great now at breastfeeding. He only gets maybe 1 bottle a day, and only if he's too sleepy to nurse. We will probably not even need to do that for very long. The pitocin was necessary because after your water breaks they want you to deliver within 24 hours to reduce the chance for infection. I was not contracting (only very mild cramping) so they needed to induce me. I didn't have time for the steriods, since I had only 19 hours left...
Jonah was born on April 18th. My water broke around 9am, and I went in for my Dr. appointment. He said "we need to have a baby." So, they walked me over to the hospital (same building) and let me walk around to see if I could get labor going. I was having very mild cramping. About 6pm they decided I needed pitocin to get my contractions going. The contractions kicked in about 8:00, and Jonah was born at 10:26pm...5 lbs, 13oz. I had no epidural or anything else other...
I've been feeling that it's my body reacting to the bad stuff since it's only had the good stuff lately. I've also wondered about food allergies. I've done the gluten/casein free diet before, and definately felt 100% better (joints stopped hurting, more energy, less anger).... but we just got back some food allergy tests on my 2 boys, and one is highly allergic to eggs (with no physical signs of this), and had low reactions to just about everything else. My other boy...