or Connect

Posts by PB's Mom

Dr. Amy has some genetics tests. They are not cheap, and you could probably get one done somewhere else for less money, but she does test for BOTH MTHFR mutations, where most places only test for one. She recommends that all children be tested for that before having any vaccines. I had my OB test me for it, because I also found out it could be a factor for infertility, and it's a common test for infertility issues. She's also found that autism is most common in blood...
Hi Jane, Have you done anything with flushing out metals? Dr. Amy has a great program for doing that in a natural way, by supporting the body (liver, pancreas, etc.) and then adding in folate and B12 to naturally flush out the metals. (this works with the kids who have the MTHFR genetic mutation.) She also uses Dr. Gordon's EDTA (in his product "Beyond C") My DS has Asperger's, and I'm sure he would be fully autistic if he'd had his MMR. Thank God our Pediatrician...
I would wait until you are sure she is over the illness. I just posted an article about vaccines and autism. You might want to read it to get a better idea of why it is a concern. My 5 yr old is high functioning autistic, and he has never even had MMR. Thank God my Ped. recommended we wait on the MMR, and at the time we didn't even know about his condition. He would probably be severely autistic if he'd had the MMR. I've stopped all vaccines for all my kids. The one...
Here is part of an article by Dr. Amy Yasko. She has it figured out!!!! It's a little technical, but it explains why some children have a problem with the vaccines. "Vaccines/Virus It may be that the lack of normal flora in the gut, as well as already elevated levels of the inflammatory mediator TNF, and depletion of glutathione and sulfhydryl containing proteins due to streptococcal infection set up a predisposing condition for problems with certain vaccines. To...
I've heard that putting a little breastmilk in the ear can help. There is also something called "wally's ear drops" that have garlic and a few other things in it that will help an ear infection (there are other drops out there that have similar ingredients.) My DS had an ear infection about a month ago and we broke down and gave him antibiotics. I hated doing it, but he had a fever of 104 for 5 days, and the Dr. said he really needed it. He's 2-1/2 yrs old, and in the...
My DS#2 had bad diaper rash. The ONLY thing that worked was a recipe that a friend gave me. We mixed the regular desitin (not the creamier kind) with about 4-5 parts baby powder until it was a really really think paste. Almost so thick that it won't stick to the skin, but it does need to stick. Make sure the skin is dry, and put this on. It cleared it up in a couple of days. My DS also had poop every time I changed his diaper (I changed it about every 1/2 hour.) He...
My 2-1/2 yr old has a cold once again. The last time it turned into an ear infection, and we broke down and gave him antibiotics. This cold has just started, and he has not had anything other than some jarro-dophilus that I just gave him. Will that help? Is there anything else I can give him to get him over this fast? He usually gets it pretty bad whenever he gets sick. Last time he had a fever of 104 for about 5 days. I havn't taken his temp yet today, but he...
My DS#2 is sleeping with me. DH sleeps with DS#1 in the other room. Anyway, DS#2 is a wonderfully calm happy child (2 years /3 months old.) He follows directions, and does everything I tell him to do (unlike DS#1.) But he's always been a pincher, scratcher, biter, kicker, flipper, etc. etc.... He kicks me in the stomach, throws his feet up on my head, swings him arm and slaps me across the face...... I try to shield my stomach and my head and try to keep him from...
UPDATE: I started spotting on Friday, and went to the hospital for an ultrasound. They saw 2 sacs, but nothing in them. Saturday I miscarried. I just started reading about blighted ovums, and it sounds like that might have been what it was, but I'm confused about the 2 sacs. Everything I've read about blighted ovums and twins, talks about only one twin being blighted. Can you have 2 blighted ovums? Or could the empty sac have split later? Because we didn't see 2...
Just to clarify, as I said in my other post, I DID have a trans vaginal US. He said he thought he saw a "stump." So hopefully it was just too early to see anything else. I just don't think the baby was big enough yet. I have had NO bleeding or spotting at all since my last AF in January.