or Connect

Posts by PB's Mom

I have a really good book called "Fertility, Cycles, and Nutrition." It mentions that "RDAs are formulated to cover the minimal nutrient needs of the majority of healthy individuals and to prevent the classic deficiency diseases such as scurvy, beri-beri, pellagra and rickets. They are not geared to overcoming illnesses nor intended to represent optimal intake. Published reports of vitamins and minerals used to overcome specific physical disorders such as reproductive...
The Dr. mentioned checking HCG levels the first time I had the ultrasound, but this last time, he just said we should wait 2 more weeks. I guess if the waiting gets too hard, I could call and ask for the tests, but for now, I'm willing to just wait. was it a transvaginal U/S or did they just do an external?? It was transvaginal...... The more I'm thinking about it, the more I'm leaning towards the fact that it was just too early. I don't like the fact that...
Goldie, I posted a question to Dr. Amy about the article, and sent her the link. Here is her reply: Dear MaryK, The article about folate is talking about epigenetics. I discuss this on pages 26 to 28 of the RNA book. Basically if you have adequate methylation then you can shut off the genes that you need to. If you do not have proper methylation then you cannot shut off these genes. The idea of the article is that moms of autistic kids took a lot of...
I had a second ultrasound yesterday, and they still cannot find a heartbeat. I'm 5 weeks pregnant since conception, and 7 weeks gestational. The Dr. was concerned that he didn't see more. I think part of the problem is that I ovulated late in my cycle, and they keep referring to the first day of my last period, which would make me 9 weeks gestational. I know I ovulated on Feb. 7th, because I chart my cycles. I'm definately 5 weeks, 2 days pregnant (since...
I would agree with Babies r us. They have the best selection, and the most popular models. I bought a car seat from Wal Mart and one from Target, but they only had a few to choose from. Ebay is great for some things too!! You can get a whole lot of designer clothes (new with tags!) for really cheep. However, that wouldn't work too good for your mother/daughter bonding experience
I also have an autistic child, and I'm taking lots of folic acid during this pregnancy. The reason I'm taking the folic acid (along with Intrinsic factor B12) is that those 2 vitamins will help flush heavy metals out of the body. I'm also giving these to my autistic child. We are in the detox stage with him right now. His autistic symptoms are worse while taking these supplements, but that is because the vitamins are doing their job, and pulling the junk out of his...
My eye was injured last night when my 2 yr old's hand was flying around and ended up in my eye. I think his nail scratched it. I went to the eye Dr. today, and she wanted to give me oral antibiotics, but I said "NO WAY." She then gave me a prescription for topical "erythromycin" -a gel that I put in my eye. It's still an antibiotic, but she says it should be safe. I'm wondering if I put some breast milk in my eye several times a day, would that work? I have one...
The Dr. said his ears were a "little red." He didn't know if he had an infection or not (he has allergies....his ears are always a little red.) He also said his nose was "plugged." Today his fever is gone, and I finally got ahold of the Dr.'s office. They said I could hold off giving him the antibiotics for now, but if his fever comes back then they said I should give it to him.
My 23 month old has a really bad cough, runny nose, fever of 103. We went to the doctor Thursday and he said (of course) "antibiotics." I've avoided antibiotics up until now. He's never had them. I was worried about this turning into something really serious. There are so many nasty things going around right now. I'm also newly pregnant and want to avoid getting sick again. I had the flu last week and still have a bad cough. So, I got the antibiotics and...
We just moved to Colorado Springs, and I just found out I'm pregnant. A friend is trying to talk me into a homebirth. I did natural childbirth in the hospital with my last one, but I don't know anyone here, and I'm a little leary about everything. If anyone has had good experiences with someone here in COS, or if you just have some good advice, please let me know. I want another natural birth, with low interventions, but you never know what will happen at the hospital,...