or Connect

Posts by Peepsqueak

It has been my experience that the people benefitting from work/life balance are the supervisors and the higher paid employees or CEOs because they can already set their own hours anyway. People who already have options get this options and advantage. However, if you state the priorities as early as possible it can be worked out. Companies prefer this be an advantage to them...i.e. not paying for the parking, maybe no office set up so you can set up at home, etc. ...
With real young children (under 3 years or nonschool age) it is a challenge to balance it all. With my kids getting older I have taken on a couple of hobbies of my own even though my family begrudges it. I like horses and do horseback riding and am taking care of a young horse. That is my time for me and my interest outside of home right now. Since I work a lot I use this as my time.
Does anyone think tee tree oil would help? It kills bacteria and is relatively a natural and harmless cleaner. Sometimes these odors occur if we are covered all the time and heat just lets us sweat and it stays that way all the time. Washing does not really get it all because it can be cummulative. There's all kinds of magic potions out there that clean but everyone has to find the right one...like deodorant. I had a problem finding a good deodorant in a humid...
This sounds like a horror story waiting to happen! Get your child out of there quick!
Horrible expression....sometimes people really are not thinking about what they say and because it is a cliche that has been taken for granted they do not listen to themselves.
Depending on where you are and your job situation, they cannot do anything but try to intimidate you for taking off for sick kids. Too bad if it is too inconvenient for them. If they try to fire you I would hire a lawyer and then they would have to pay you not to work. kwim?
It sounds like you and I are married to the same hubby and working for the same UA violation of a boss. With all that said, I can totally identify with the dilemnas you have. First off I would definately, try to get some kind of help for the husband or start him off asking small favors and tasks to help you. He probably feels helpless being depressed and all. However, it is still a responsibility to help out because something could happen to you too with all the...
I am fair like your children and have straight hair and noone would guess I was African American. We come in so many colors...LOL Your children are precious and so are you and your hubby. Ignore the ignorant...
Quote: Originally Posted by Punchy Kaby The mother/child maternity leave situation is so much better in every nation as wealthy as ours. It is pitiful in the US. Now that I am in the work force, 'own' a home, pay taxes and have mostly gotten over the continual need to buy things I realize that the big motivator in our economy is to BUY THINGS. The reason most of us have to work (2 incomes households) is because housing costs are driven up by other 2...
You will be plenty busy!!!They say a woman's work is never done.....well definately if they are a sahm. Congrajulations and make it fun.