or Connect

Posts by abunchofus

thanks ladies! the ameda purely yours I'm finding FS range from around $40 to $80 so a good bit less than a new one - I think worth me trying to see if someone around here can test it.
thanks ladies! runnerduck - we use a midwife and so no hospitals and our hospitals here are pretty hmmm well not top notch I guess is the polite way to put it. I do know a local LLL leader (or she used to be - don't know her well but do have contact info for her) I'll email her and see what I can find in the area!
how would I go about finding a lactation center?
Quote: Originally Posted by FischK On the Pump-in-Style Advanced Personal Pumps, the milk does not flow through the tubing unless there's an overflow from the bottle. I don't believe that would happen very often. You can buy the tubing separately, but it probably makes more sense to buy the parts that are actually in contact with the milk (bottles, etc.). However, the problem with buying a used pump is not so much hygiene, but the possibility that...
thank you! I figured it was one of those "cover your tush" type things because it's just like CD'ing and mamacloth - they can be cleaned/sterlized. I just was not sure if all pumps could be sterlized - I didn't know if maybe this particular model had some sort of parts inside that maybe couldn't be cleaned or something - I'm completely new to the electric pumps so wasn't sure. does the milk flow through the pump in some way or does it stay only in the tubing?...
I was reading on the medela site about the "Medela Advanced Personal Double Pump" and it seems this was a limited production "personal" use pump so no "sharing" the only pump I've ever tried to use really was the hand held Avent Isis so I know nothing about the medela electric pumps. my ? is this - In reading I'm getting the idea that this pump can't be cleaned because the post mentioned "health risks with sharing". So can this pump be cleaned if it is sold? I'm...
thank you Ramlita! I'll look for the tribal area.
is there a thread for MO/KS/IA/NE area?
JoAnns is having a sale and they have their minkee type fabric on sale - you know how they have the solid colors with dots or stars on them - or plain. will that work on the inside of mama cloth to wick moisture away? I know it is soft so I wondered? it's normally $12.99 and it's on sale for $6.99
JoAnns is having a sale and they have their minkee type fabric on sale - you know how they have the solid colors with dots or stars on them - or plain. will that work on the inside of mama cloth to wick moisture away? I know it is soft so I wondered? it's normally $12.99 and it's on sale for $6.99