or Connect

Posts by imakebelieve

I make bath bombs. I get mine from www.betweenfriendstoo.com. Laura
Quote: Originally Posted by vegiemom It sounds like HE is also feeling the pressure to be uncomfortable with it. Maybe you could start kindly weaning him? Find another comfort to help him sleep? He is actually one of those kids that doesn't care what others think. He would do it anyway. He is very confident. I wouldn't wean him because of what others thought. Nursing is very important to him. To the others, thanks for the support. ...
When ds was three, I was in line at the store and probably not paying close attention, because he said really loudly "I said, I want your big pink nannies!" He also said "udder one" that cracked me up and he used to eskimo kiss my nannies with his nose. That cracked him up. Oh, yes, one time we were shopping and an older lady came up to him in the cart and was talking to him. She was quite heavy and had very large breasts. He yells out "wow mommy, do you see the size...
Hi, It's been a while since I've checked in. But, lately, I'm finding I'm needing some support. My ds who will be 6 in March is nursing to sleep and sometimes in the morning. The problem of course is with family. It becomes more of an issue when we travel to my parents. They live in an RV fulltime. It's small and there is NO privacy. I've asked ds to not ask to nurse in front of them because they are uncomfortable with it. He is usually fine. Except when we were...
Quote: [i]"A lucky a$$ b!tch...ya lil b@st@rd". but from her it never bothered me!! She also threatens to beatmy kids and the ythink it is hysterical-it is the oddest thing. Kids always knew she was messing with them although she occasionally hit a few of them when I was younger : [/B] That reminds me, I had an Aunt Bernice when I grew up and she had the worst language, but she was hilarious! She used to tell us to "get the h*ll outa my way ya...
Maybe they could be in a home daycare setting and you could arrange some type of switching with another mom. Then you could have them in a home setting, but with a family. Or can you work from home? I have to wah to help make ends meet. Some days it means a little more tape watching for Ben, but then he can still be at home. Is that possible?
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I think you would be missing out on the advantages of homeschooling, being with your kids and your kids being with you. If you are okay with sending them out to a daycare full time, why not just send them to school?
We decided to let ds go totally on his own. He was interested at 2 so I went out and bought the potty seat, and made a big deal. Then nothing. We let it go, I never intended to start this early anyways. I think my mom might of put a little pressure or something, though I'm usually always around and he's never spent much time alone with her. Suddenly he has a potty aversion. So we let it go again. Then, he's 3.5 and still in diapers. I offer a choice some days,...
I used mine more than I thought I would, but mostly to care my stuff at first. We had a 4 pound baby with an eight pound heart monitor, so the stroller came in handy. I had a lot of gear because he was only taking bottle of breastmilk, so I had a cooler and tons of stuff. Once he started nursing, 3 months later, I loved taking him out with a sling and a tiny bag with a diaper, wipes and a clean onsie. Freedom, I didn't want a stoller with me. He stayed light for a...
My son also likes to shoot things with his laser. At one point it was a "gun", but we just kept saying guns are not allowed in our home. WE don't play that way in our family. Then one day, he play shot me. I said "What did you just do?" (dumb question), and he made up something and basically lied about it. I decided that I would rather him play pretend guns than lie to me. So, I told him that if he wanted to play that way, it was better than lying to me. I focused...