or Connect

Posts by imakebelieve

Ds 3.5, dressed himself for the first time the other day. He put his own shirt on over his pj shirt. It was inside out and backwards. He was so proud and adorable with the little tag flapping up under his chin. We went out just like that. It made me think that my mom would of NEVER of been seen with us like that. To confirm, I told her how he dressed himself and how it came out. She said, "Tell me you didn't leave the house without fixing it?" I said of course I...
There is a book called, The Nature Corner. I'm not sure of the author, I had it for a short time, read it and donated it to my Nuture by Nature library. It was okay. I think I was looking for somthing different. I am going to do something like a nature table with my son. He is 3.5 and I think he would love it. He just got tree blocks for Christmas (early) and we are going to build a tree house for animals and fairies. I like the fairies, he likes the animals. I do...
Do any of your little ones have imaginary friends? We have quite a menagerie living in our house: Clocky- Ben's brother who flies, wears a "horn-hat" wears black clothes, "nice new shoes" and has a knack for spilling water on the carpet. Bud Squd (the name cracks me up)-He's new in town so far he's been responsible for a few overturned things. But mostly he's fun to talk to and run around the house with He likes to play pirate and take a bath. He was a bad guy at...
Have you heard of the book Workjobs? I used it when I taught K-1. It involves making little counting boards and counters. For example, there are felt watermelons and black and white seeds. Frogs and toads with lilypads, fish in aquariums or ponds, You use the boards to teach all types of computation or story problems. It is written for the classroom teacher but could easily work at home. Many of the ideas for materials are outdated a bit, and you could find other...
Okay, now that you mention it, Ben is also putting stuff in his mouth and he never did that before. Money, legos, acorns, it must be a 3.5 thing!
My ds 3.5 also, loves to hang out with the big kids. Most of the time they are pretty nice and tolerant, but sometimes he runs after them calling "Wait up for me guys." And they totally ignore him. He is a bit of a slow runner and is always calling "Wait up for me guys." I too was small and a very slow runner, and I was always behind calling out. It makes me sad, but he seems okay for now. I feel so bad for him, I get teary (probably because it happened to me all of...
I have begun to teach ds3.5 some pre-reading skills. Here are some things that I have done so far: I have started a beginning sound scrapbook- I took about 30 page protectors and slid in a sheet of blank paper then I put a sticker for each letter of the alphabet. I also included: hard and soft c & g, ch, st, sh and a few other begining blends. I put them in a binder. We add stickers, pictures and photos of the beginning sound to each page and I write the word with...
I adore the treehouse from Seasonal Toys, but can in no way afford the $300 price tag. I would like to make one for my son. I think he would enjoy it for years. It has swings, pulleys, all kinds of things that he would like. He really likes my friend's daughter's dollhouse, but unfortunately is starting to say it is for girls (he's only 3.5 . I would like to make him one. I thought of wood, but have no tools or skills. I thought of paper mache. It could be made...
I have a children's theme party business. I have costumes and I come out and entertain with a theme party adventure story where the kids act out the parts. I do all of the work. Invites, rsvps, serve cake cleanup everything. Here's my website www.makebelieveparties.com Its great fun. I might open a preschool in my home later on. Mallory: I also thought of the idea of doing science for preschools/daycares. I'd be interested in hearing your ideas. I was a K=1...
I did find out who Jonathan is. He is the boy in Ben's favorite book. Duh, I can't believe I didn't tie it together. He has been pretending about cats and kittens, also from the book. I'm so glad he is using books as well as movies to pretend from. So far, Jonathan has behaved himself quite well while here. Thanks for the opinions, I know it is normal and actually a sign of high intelligence and creativity. A friend of mine reassured me and said I should encourage...