or Connect

Posts by birthjunkie27

Hi Mamas... I'm a portrait photographer that is looking to get into birth photography.  I want to combine my 2 passions (birth and taking photos)!  I'm offering a free birth shoot and CD with high resolution images in exchange for the opportunity to build my portfolio.   If you live in the Chicago area (nw suburbs specifically) and are looking for a birth photographer but maybe aren't in the position to pay for one, this is a great opportunity!   Feel free to PM...
Hi there! I'm a portrait photographer that is looking to get into birth photography. I'm offering a free birth shoot and CD of high resolution images suitable for printing in exchange for the opportunity to build my portfolio.   If interested, PM me and I will provide more details as well as a link to my FB photography page so you can see examples of my portrait work.   I live in McHenry county and am willing to travel approximately 25 miles or so.
Hi there... I'm a portrait photographer specializing in children and babies... and as you can see from my username I'm also a birthjunkie ;).  I've gone through doula training and have attended a few births.  2 of my 4 kiddos were born at home and my other 2 were natural hospital births. I decided to combine both of my passions and I can't wait to photograph my first birth!  I'm offering a FREE birth shoot to help build my portfolio.   If anyone (local midwives,...
Ugh me too! My little guy is 5.5 wks and he starts being fussy around 6 but it peaks from 7-9. If I'm lucky he'll fall asleep for short 5 min naps here and there in between all of the crying, rocking, bouncing, feeding, etc.... but then at about 9-9:15 he conks out for the night (on me, on the couch). I'll fall asleep with him there until about midnight or 1 while bf is playing video games. When bf is ready for bed he'll change baby's diaper and then we'll all move to...
Yay!! I felt the same way lol... I wanted to post on FB when I fit back in mine but then I remembered that when I was griping about my maternity clothes not fitting anymore someone commented that when she was pregnant she wore her regular pants the whole time. I didn't want her to burst my bubble lol.
The title pretty much says it all. I'm looking for a family doc or pediatrician who accepts allkids and who is open minded about vax, breastfeeding, etc... I live in Woodstock but I'm willing to drive for a decent doc that accepts Allkids.
Quote: Originally Posted by Baby~Braatens~Mama Got three responses, and I guess there is no top to this thing and it is really big. Still seems like a brilliant idea! nak can you link to the thread with the replies? what do you mean there is no top? I had been collecting leakage on the non nursing side (during feedings) using a small bottle but that requires 2 hands which I don't always have available... so I end up using a pad to...
Totally normal! I'm on baby #4 and I still get panicky in public when he starts to get hungry. I've only had to NIP twice since he's been born (we don't go out much) but both times I started sweating and praying for him to just go to sleep lol. But of course that doesn't happen.... so what I've learned over the years is the best thing to do is to just suck it up (no pun intended lol) and get baby to the breast BEFORE we make a big scene and have all eyes on us. Half of...
That's awesome! Thanks for the tip!
Awww!