or Connect

Posts by rozzie'sma

Quote: Originally Posted by Prensa pumping and bottle feeding with fortified BM to 26 cal/oz with enfamil (UGH!!!) every three hours, 48cc minimum. yup, brutal. I do nurse for comfort occasionally, even though I'm not supposed to, but it's good for me to see she still can nurse. I had to pump and fortify with Zann until he was 5 months old and had his second surgery. After that he took off growth wise (flew up to 95%) and I was able to just...
I have cathed a lot of intact men and it is not harder to do, he probably has an enlarged prostate that was holding things up and grams is blaming it on the foreskin.
My kids come first. I don't think I could ever look my son in the eye if I knew I hurt him to appease my husband. I also don't think I could look myself in the eye. A child's body is not a bargaining chip.
Yes I would continue to nurse, but my son has to have blood draws to monitor his own medical condition and I am sort of used to it and don't see it as all that big of a deal. I am also a phlebotomist, so there you go. I am just confused as to why this monitoring needs to be done after a year, when the baby will be nursing much less, but did not need to be done before a year when breastmilk was the sole nutrition?
My daughter was the same way when she found out about her cousin being circ'd. She cried, she told me it was wrong, I agreed and validated her feelings. She even called her aunt out on it and wanted to know why she did it. Funny thing was when the question came from a four year old my sister was speechless. The main thing was assuring her that her little brother is and will stay intact and that I would never let anyone cut off part of her or her brother. There was no magic...
5 years and 1 week. First my daughter, then my daughter and EP for her brother(heart defects and feeding issues), then my daughter and her brother(transtitioned to breast at 5 months), now just my son (who is 2.5).
Quote: Originally Posted by FaithfulOne Unique scars they are My ds has both, sternum incision for his OHS to repair the VSD and the Thoractomy for his CoArc. His sternum incision is about 4" with a little Q-tip shape at the top (I think they accidentallly tucked his skin when stitching and it created a small buldge) and the side one is almost the entire length of his lower shoulder blade. He also has two little scars at the base of the incision where...
My son has HLHS so I am right there with you on managing heart defects and obligations to my daughter as well. When was Zann was fighting for his life (he was undiagnosed and coded, had to be life-flighted 2 hours away) I stayed at the hospital almost all the time. I had a hotel up there. My parents and my sister took turns having my daughter visit and then we would bring her up to spend time with me and we had a great day at the zoo together. Rozzie really likes being the...
I was hoping that someone would start something. Roz turned 5 on the 6th and we had a safari theme. I made her a cake shaped like a zebra, we hid animals and they found them, etc. It turned out well. She is firmly in a 5t. She is still FF in her Marathon, she weighs 34 pounds and is 40 inches tall. She keeps saying she wants to be in a booster but I think I will wait a little longer. I want her to weigh more and she still has one more strap position left. Zann is...
I am a phleb so here is my take on the situation. Hematomas suck and are caused by one, digging for the vein, and two not holding pressure on the site after the needle is withdrawn and it bleeds under the skin. The thing with butterfly needles are that they are the same gauge as the regular needles, so many phlebs see no point using them for antecubital draws. However, they reduce the pressure on the vein from the vacutainer (tube) so it can keep the vein from collapsing....