or Connect

Posts by nurunannesi

thanks for all the ideas...i know that signing can be frustrating for parents when the baby seems to not "catch on" to whatever you've chosen so i'm giving this lots of consideration. patting the leg is a good idea, sounds simple, maybe i'll try that...thanks!
Hi there, this probably was covered in another thread somewhere back, but my connection is slow and dd will probably be potty independent before all 38 pages of old threads might load I wonder if anyone out there who ec's and also signs with their baby, has a suggestion for a sign to use for "using the potty"? Dd is 5 months old now and I plan to start signing with her in a month or 2, and figure that since we go to the toilet multiple times a day, that would be a very...
snarts! i love that(:
thanks for the reassurance! i know that i want us both to clue in and anticipate, rather than make her think she has to "hold it" for my convenience, and i know i have to really be careful not to get overly focused on "catching" everything--i know that's not the point, but rather just a benefit of better communication. this is my first baby and (probably like most new moms(: i wonder what is "normal" hahaha. just good to know that this sort of thing is not unique to her,...
I wonder if anyone out there who has breastfed their ec'd baby (I'd assume that's most of y'all, this being MDC(: has had a similar problem with catching poops: my daughter (4 mo) lets me know when she needs to poop, but half the time it is so liquid that it runs out before we make it to the potty. Oftentimes she also poops a little when she sneezes or coughs, and doesn't let me know (I think she doesn't know to expect it, though I tell her "caca" when I see it happen.) I...
hi there, not sure if the same thing applies for a 4-month-old as for a 3-year-old, but just wanted to share what worked for me; i noticed in doing ec with my daughter, that she actually wakes up dry, and then after nursing, or doing some stretching or whatever and getting *really* awake, THEN she pees! So, maybe a solution for you would be to take your daughter to the potty as soon as she wakes in the morning? actually, for children and adults, the body produces hormones...
hah, must be something about 4 months...my dd, after getting into a pretty good nap routine, has lately been also only taking 2 20-minute naps a day. don't know if she's teething or what, but i agree that some babies need help going to sleep, for sure. she will rub her eyes and yawn and get progressively crankier, but it's not until she's nursed and swaddled and rocked that she falls asleep (short as the resulting nap may be!) it's really great to read that other people...
i think it's interesting that the man on the p&g payroll sees ec-ing as "regression"...thanks for posting this!
Funny, last night night dd was squirming and wiggling all over the place at 3am so I thought, she must have to pee; but when I took her to the bathroom, she only mumbled and then actually *fell asleep again* while I was holding her in position! I'm slowly realising that she's clued into peeing only in a certain position and at certain times, much quicker than I expected...I read somthing interesting in "Diaper Free!...by Ingrid Bauer, on the topic of babies not peeing at...
I think I'd have to agree with heket there; I say "pipi-sss" to my daughter (we just started ec this last week) but it seems that it's really the position and place that she's tuning into; some late nights/early mornings I've forgotten to say anything but she still went once I got her into position and she saw her reflection in the bathroom mirror (over the sink.) I kinda wonder if she's associating seeing her reflection with peeing? Then again she is only 4 months old and...