or Connect

Posts by Mcaws

I was thinking of professional lessons. I don't know where to go to start though. I could look into the phone book, but prefer to go through church. I would love to know more about your music though! I'd love to know how you started and how you make it the basis of your homeschooling! mcaws
Hi all! I was thinking of getting my son (5 in Apr) started on some kind of musical insturment. I do not know which one, but thought I'd write in here and ask not only which instrument would be good this young, but also if anyone here has an instrument that they would be willing to sell cheap, or to trade? Please let me know. I would also be willing to send it on to another interrested parent and keep a circle going after a few lessons...6 mos or so...and just keep a...
My son was adopted over 5 years ago. Now he's 11 yrs old. He is not dealing with anything over the adoption that I know of, his peer relations are fine according to the teachers, ( I conferenced this morning) and he did better when we removed him from counciling. I also have 2 little ones...ages 4.5 and 1.5. He will not talk to anyone. He does not do his chores willingly then lies telling the teachers I take his homework and won't let him turn it in. Or that I...
Hello. I have not written anything here for some time now, but at this point, I am really in need of help. My 11 yr old adopted son is going bizzar. He has had problems in school from his behavior every year, but this year he was fantastic for the holidays, Oct, Nov, and Dec. Now in Jan, he has gone down hill so fast it's unbelievable! He reads 7-9th grade books and understands them, yet he's failing reading and language arts with a 35% because he appears to not...
I know my son was considerably older when I got pregnant, but just from experience, I just asked him, "do you want a little baby brother or sister?" and he shook his head. I said "ok then, we have to stop nursing then." and he asked me once the following day and never again. he was 24 months My sister's son stayed and stayed till much after the baby was born. Never even slowed down.
I know how you feel. It really isn't you alone. I'm up at 3am with my dd (almost 16 mo) and am sahm for 3 kids. Just know you're not alone and you can do it. I constantly have to use restraint with my 4 yr old when he blurts out "no! only you are talking bad!" or when he pushes dd down...very common...
Hi everyone!!! I was watching Daddy Daycare for the first time last night and guess what? ( I probably missed it when you already addressed it, but if not...) I saw Eddie Murphy reading Mothering magazine!!! Did anyone else catch that?? There's a scene where right after he starts the daycare and he is in bed with his wife and both are reading magazines. I could not believe his was Mothering!!! Like I said, I probably just missed it when you all talked about it...
Thank you all for your timely responses! I needed that... I finally got out of him what the real problem is... You know how we so often think children should and do think like we do? Well, I've heard the teacher say before "he should ...." Well, his teacher (one of 2 regular half day teachers) is off after having a baby and having a sub is really getting to him! It's not that he dislikes her, but that he wants HIS teacher! So I told the other teacher that she needs to...
I'm at my wits end!!! I am on the verge of pulling my son out of school just because I don't want to deal with him refusing to turn in assignments! Let me start at the beginning. My son is 10 in 5th grade. He was adopted at around the age of 5. He has had numerous problems including diagnosis with adhd, ptsd, odd, and a couple others I disagreed with. He is on medication and we are now (this year only) having trouble with him not doing work in school, clowning...
I don't understand this...My daughter is starting to roll around on the floor just angry and crying and screaming. It feels like there can't possibly be anything wrong, but she won't calm down!@ I pick her up and she fights me and gets down. I hold her and she rolls and twists and fights to get down. I've never dealt with anything like this... she's a climber, my son wasn't she's much more outgoing than he was. less allergies than him and now these tantrums!! She...