or Connect

Posts by phatchristy

travelmumma--you're going to want to take things super slow with the tear...with my first I had a first degree tear, and even with that when we tried the first time it was very painful.  I think we waited a few more weeks after that and it only initially felt just really 'tight' feeling.  I'm pretty sure I was on top too...probably a good idea to take control because you're going to be the only one to know what hurts.     I do think to a certain extent that things do...
Kel--just saw your post, I went post dates with my first three, and with my fourth my water broke at 38 weeks.  I was all freaked that labor wouldn't start, but  it did.  Sending you some positive birthing vibes as I'm sure you're getting nervous as things aren't happening how you expected.  HUGS.
I haven't made it back here for a while, big shock to me but my water ended up breaking on the 17th and labor took it's time starting, but when it did it was another super fast labor/birth.  Maybe an hour or so of pain (not sure, probably 6 or so contractions that really hurt), then a few pushes and he was out!  Born on 12/18, 8 pounds 20 inches. So, the 'tie breaker' wound up being another boy.  DH was right, I was wrong LOL.   Things are going well, I'm finding...
Super cute!  Great fast birth, especially for being born posterior!  You did great :)
I usually come out and say something like "for low risk moms a midwife attended homebirth has consistently shown the best outcomes for mom and baby".  I'm a science nerd, most people who know me know I'm serious about that stuff.  If they don't I'll still say that and then afterwards say "go look it up yourself" then the burden is on them seriously!   I've already had four births at home so if they make other stupid comments I usually mention that.   When I was...
Well, if you're losing plug then you're definitely dilating!  So that's always a good sign that they're doing something :)
Sego--painting!  Wow, that is a bunch of nesting for sure!   Here today was the supposed official start to cleaning out the spare room (joke, cough).  Yeah, DH is gone with my oldest DD and won't be back until late tonight so it was me and three kids the last few days.  We worked a bit last night, then this morning it was like the three year old UN-DID everything we did.  Gah!  I think I'm going to have to move all the toys to an 'under lock and key' situation as I...
Sounds like we're on the cusp of a few babies coming earthside...   Super exciting indeed!  Keep us updated ladies!
My first here was 41w2D, I think the second and third was around 40W2d.  The fourth was the 'fluke' 38w4d or something like that.  They tell me to expect that I'm more likely to go to the full 40 since my last babe started labor by breaking the water.  None of the other ones went like that!  If it goes like that I think I'm going to be more likely really close to new year.
I can completely hear in so many of your 'voices' how we all seem to be entering some higher 'ansy' sort of 'waiting game'.  Hey, I'm starting to feel it here and I think I have a 'ways' to go.  Not even sure which date I should go by.  I think I have me as close to 35 and I have me as more like 34.  OK, well either way I have two dates, but even now I feel so big in the tummy and even 5 or 6 weeks seems like a LONG time.  Though instinctively I know I've been here...