or Connect

Posts by phatchristy

Hey, saw this...put in my request, I have a pic of my halloween cat as a profile pic right now...
Stegen--Glad they figured out that you need the iron.  A few pregnancies ago I had to really up the iron because of really bad heartburn...in my case I was taking a lot of the heartburn pills around the same time as my prenatals and the calcium inhibited the absorption (woops!).  I've been more careful now to try to space them out a little.
Hey, I figured you take such good care of yourself nutritionally and with the floradix it would be good...which is why I asked about previous tests.  I'm not a big fan of GD testing in the third trimester....usually the results aren't as valid.  Preggo women in the third trimester have higher blood sugar levels than non-pregnant women even if they passed a glucose screening in the second trimester.  I'm already pissy (as I wrote in my comments before LOL) that over here...
  I agree with you on the negative things.  She's sort of at that age where I think I'm occasionally seeing some sort of 'teenager' attitude...she also has an overly critical attitude about things sometimes.  I wish I could say this is coming from an outside source, but I'm a bit concerned that it's part of her inherited personality traits.  She says things sometimes in a way that reminds me of my mother in law...who is fairly focused on more superficial stuff and tends...
  I somehow remember in past pregnancies waking up with the occasional numb fingers and googling and hearing it can happen with the increase in fluid.  At the time I thought it might be carpal tunnel...haven't had anything this time so far.   Sego-- Hey, if you're eating all that protein now and no carbs probably not surprising to see the ketones in there...I think I asked before what your past iron levels were.  You said you were already taking floradix, right?  I'm a...
Hey, we're due around the same time and I too am on my fifth LOL.  Two girls then two boys all born at home, so I call this one jokingly the tie breaker.  The last one here was caught by DH as the mw didn't make it (also on phone in the background).  It seems from your story it can happen that way twice, though DH would rather catch with her there. :)   Welcome!  
As a side note over here the midwives say the cord is typically around the neck in 30-40% of the births and rarely causes any issues.  Like Stegen says, over here I personally wouldn't go for a late u/s at the end unless there was some medical indication about because of exactly what she mentioned in her post.  
I get the occasional hiccups, don't notice them a lot.  But they do happen occasionally and for me they are just reassurance that the kiddo is still head down.     I don't know how much I would read into them, but since none of us are experts I definitely think it's something to ask the midwife.  If you think something is different then there may be.  I'm all about trusting mom's intuition too.  I was WAY obsessed with DS's position (my third).  To the point that my...
  Sego, that sounds more like arrhythmia than a bp issue.  The heart racing thing sounds like your heartrate not the blood pressure.   The irony was, this morning I was camping in a small group and two other ladies were there when one started having issues with her heart rate.  Then, the other one told me that she had issues during her second pregnancy (she said her heartrate would have episodes where it was between 180-200).  It took them a while to actually 'catch it'...