or Connect

Posts by Pepe

Hello!  I'm looking for book recommendations--or even just some tips and techniques, if you have them!--regarding DS, 7, and learning to handle anger.  He's highly sensitive and very emotional, and we're looking for some guidance for helping him roll with disappointment, control his emotions about games and sports, and so forth.   We try to model being a good loser (or good winner), and we talk through disappointment from our own experiences, but we need to continue...
I recently noticed two small warts on DS's soles, one on each foot, when I was trimming his toenails.  I'd like to try to treat them at home--can anyone recommend a remedy?  Thanks!
Hello! Sorry to hear you are in such discomfort.  I had thrush when DS was a nursling and it was agonizing.  We treated my breasts and his mouth with gentian violet on the recommendation of a La Leche League hotline person.  Have you tried getting in touch with them?  Perhaps they could recommend something that would work well even without insurance.  Hope you feel better soon!
I have, as of yesterday morning, what feels like a sore or scab inside my nose, and it's very uncomfortable.  It's in the front of my left nostril; the tip of my nose is a bit swollen and tender to the touch.  Can anyone guess what this is and how to relieve it?  It's driving me bonkers.  Thanks in advance.
DS is 7 and in 2nd grade.  I have not measured his height lately, but he is average to tall for his grade, and I do know that he weighs 54 pounds (on the thin side compared to most of his classmates).  Suddenly, it seems all his friends' parents have grown very cavalier about car seats (booster seats).  How long is recommended for use of these?  DS's booster has a weight limit of 100 pounds, so I had imagined that he would be using it for quite some time.  Thanks for any...
Forgive yourself.  Well, I guess you WANT to do that but are finding it tough... Sometimes such a fear of failure or intense regret stems from a childhood in which you were not allowed to make mistakes.  Additionally, maybe some of the things you have been going through recently have made you particularly tough on yourself.  What would you say to someone else who did this?  I bet you would urge that person to let it go.     This little error didn't hurt anyone...
Hello! 7yo DS is interested in the following topics right now and I am eager to hear your book recommendations.    slavery/Civil War + the history of slavery in Brazil President Nixon/Watergate; other presidential trivia/info Charles Darwin/evolution soccer geography   Thanks in advance!
Hi.  OP here. Maybe I am actually more ENVIOUS than jealous.  Well, call it what you will--how do I control it?
I have not typically felt jealous of other people's good fortune--I am actually more of a cheery optimist, very grateful for what I have--but lately I have had very ugly feelings about DS's brother and his family.  All is going well for them, particularly in the area of finances and job security, which happen to be our biggest challenge at the moment.  The siblings are not close and neither the brother or his wife is particularly easy to be with; we've had our relational...
I’d really like to have a talk with tactless MIL and the (latest) comment she made to my husband.   Background: He is working exceptionally hard right now, and I am so proud of his stamina and work ethic as he has been putting in 10+ hours 7 days a week for over a month now, including getting home in the wee hours of the morning a few times.  He has not had dinner at home with us since July and we have barely seen him. It’s been a bit of a challenge to manage with...