or Connect

Posts by Pepe

Hi (I love your handle!)-- It DOES help--your reply zeroed in on the fact that our choice/change is what is best for our boy! I knew that, but your highlighting that point helped renew my confidence in our current circumstances. Thank you. I wish you the same--interestingly, you and your man both miss your former circumstances whereas in our case I am happy to have left them behind. I don't know which situation is easier. I'm sure this is only the start of...
Having my DS four months ago was the absolute best thing that ever happened to me. DH and I are totally in love with him even though he's not much of a sleeper and we're muddling our way along as amateur parents. I have been home with him and will go back to working PT when he is about 6 mo. I'm extra grateful for all of this because we lost a baby in a m/c before. However, I feel a little unsettled in my satisfaction because I know that DH, for all the wonderful...
Hello, I was intrigued to se this thread because I am experiencing some of this as a new mom (DS is 4 mo). I want to be careful to accept whatever he turns out to be--I was strongly encouraged to be little perfect girl and I don't want him to feel he has to perform for others. I think issues like this are normal in parenting for several reasons. First, being parents dredges up our own kid issues. Many new moms and dads I know are analyzing their parents with new eyes...
My son had it too--but I was told that *increasing* the hair-washing would help, especially with something containing calendula, and it did. PS I noticed much more in this subject in one of the natural healing threads on this site.
Hi, If it doesn't work out with the person who responded, let me know--I can send you mine.
Hello and thank you so much for the responses... I'm nursing him exclusively and plan to do so until solids come into the mix around 6mo (maybe that person was asking because I know soy is not okay while taking Synthroid; they bind together). I am grateful to know what to ask the dr and the endocrinologist when we go. Thx again--I appreciate it.
After repeated (traumatic) blood tests on our 3mo son, we were told today that his TSH is still slightly elevated and we should start him on Synthyroid ASAP. An epidemiologist friend of mine worked on that drug and she feels it is totally safe, especially compared to the scary effects of no treatment. Still, I'm wondering if we should get a second opinion...he's only borderline, they say. His TSH is 6, and the normal range is 0.5 to 5 or 7, but optimally it should be...
Hello to all of the breastfeeding goddesses! I'm new to all this--my wee son will be 4 weeks on Tuesday--and I'm finding myself in need of some rallying on the nursing issue. I'm so proud to be doing it, and he's thriving, and I know all the reasons it's wonderful, but I have to admit--I find myself wondering when it will start to feel good, or at least a little better. I think my technique is okay as we had some great lactation consultants in the hospital, and I had a...