or Connect

Posts by Beverly

Congratulations, mama!  That does sound like an intense labor and delivery -- hope you've been able to get some rest!
Congratulations on your new arrival!  Color me totally impressed that you went med-free even with pitocin!   I hope the kidney issue doesn't cause any real problems.
Congratulations on the safe arrival of your little girl.  I'm sorry to hear your having a rough time with a few things -- hope everything clears up for you soon!
Wow, nice work, mama!  Congratulations!
It's my husband's and my wedding anniversary today, and to mark the occasion we went and had ourselves a baby girl in very early minutes of this morning.  Yrsa* Elinor Agda came into the world at 12:18 am January 14, weighing 3900 grams (8 pounds, 9 ounces) and measuring 52 centimeters (20 inches).  She took her own sweet time getting here--I had my longest ever labor and delivery with her--but we're all home now and feeling fine.  *Pronounced in English like...
I hadn't thought of that, but now that you mention it ... babe has been awfully active these last couple of days, so who knows how he/she is lying, and it could be that all that movement today is from trying to get into position.  I did the hands-and-knees thing a little bit ago, and even chest to the floor for as long as I could stand it, and I got a couple of really strong, close contractions out of the deal.  Let's hope it keeps up!   Thanks for the suggestion. :)
So today I'm 8 days past my EDD and this morning around 3:30-4 I woke up with contractions.  They weren't crazy strong, but were coming every 3-5 minutes, and since I've always had fairly quick labors, I decided to get up and start getting things together for the big day.  Of course, as soon as I was up and about, the contractions dwindled off, so I went back to bed just before 5.  I woke up again at 6:30 with a strong contraction, and lay in bed for the next hour,...
I'm still here, too ... 8 days past my EDD and feeling every minute of it.  This is so not what I expected for my fifth baby, especially considering that I usually go a week or so early. 
Yay!  Congratulations!  And I'm so glad you got the school thing sorted out. :)
Congratulations!  And yay for a quick and easy labor!