or Connect

Posts by steph66

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Ive BTDT and to be honest, alot of days still there. Its hard and I see that you've tried a lot of things without success. For us the thing that seems to work the best is time alone with a parent. My dd really responded to the visual aspect of reward/sticker charts. We let her help pick the rewards so that also really helped motivate her. We also gave her an opportunity to earn an "extra" sticker everyday, which is the "caught you...
 Does he have any backpain? That's the first thing I would look for after diabetes has been ruled out. An x ray or possible MRI  of the back (or more specifically, the spinal cord) would probably be a good start. A lot of times as we age we can develop conditions that can compress the nerves in our spinal cord which can then cause neuropathy, numbness etc. in different limbs. Scoliosis, cuadrina equina (SP?), spinal stenosis are just a few of the conditions I know of...
I voted generally no, for both of my kids. I agree with the PP who said if they were up late or had little babies or were utterly exhausted, then I'd go to bed with them. I use "my" time after they're in bed to watch shows with my partner, surf the net, do dishes, clothes etc. And just really enjoy some time without two little critters crawling around on me!
Thank you SO much. It really helps to hear from someone who's been there. I'm so glad things are working out for your family. We are starting off slow this week and just slowly biuld up. DP is feeling better about this and I've continued pumping him up! lol! Gotta run.....baby needs me :) but will post more when i have time, thanks again!
Anyone?
I've experienced those symptoms as well since DD was born 8 months ago. 3 things come to mind : dehydration, exhaustion and anemia. In my case it was always the first two.  My body just needs a ton more water than usual, especially during a growth spurt. Have you been getting enough sleep? I know its so hard but if you can get your dh to watch the baby for even 2-3 hours, i think it will make a world of difference (i know it certaintly did for me!) I felt like a new...
I really wish I had any advice for you, but I'm right there with you. I'm also wondering what we're going to do this summer when my dd gets out of school.. what we've been doing lately is just trying to be active in the morning although it usually means less sleep for me and a grumpier baby but i think its starting to work, we've got a little progress. shes starting to wake up on her own at 11a and actually just fell asleep right now at 11:30p! Not sure where this will...
hmmm......this is the first i've heard of it too. I'm very interested on any information on this subject. in the mean time.....
I'm not sure what wally's ear oil is. when older dd was younger we used garlic oil in her ears for a few days. Usually until I was sure that she was feeling better (i.e. back to "normal", not messing with ears). If I had any doubts I would pop into the dr's for him to  take a quick peek, he would always give me a scrip for an antibiotic but we didn't always fill it. I just went with my gut. good luck mama and i hope your baby is feeling better soon!
I'll third what previous posters said. soft foods are fine. My dd has one tooth as well. she loves steamed broccoli to hold herself and eat. She also loooves steamed peas, chicken and noodles if they are bite size appropriate. Also beans and rice! which is what we had tonite. We give her basically whatever we are having, just steamed a bit more to make it softer for her or just cut into tiny bites for her to pick up. I also like the previous poster's idea of trying to...