or Connect

Posts by MelanieMC

Quote: Originally Posted by BlessedOne Here are the problems that have plagued me being able to have a "clean" house... I am an avid recycler. I hate throwing things away. So I recycle everything that I can(which piles up) and if I do not know how to recycle it, then I hold onto it until I figure out a way.....this includes those annoying broken toys *puts bag over head*. I also keep stuff for the school recycling room. Things such as yogurt cups and...
backstory: my jaw has been popping on both sides since I was around 9 or 10. I have gone months at a time in the past without it being a problem. I got braces put on for the second time back in november (the first time I was 11 and I didn't wear my retainers like I was supposed to). In the last few weeks my jaw has been popping a lot. I cannot control it and it's really painful and my jaw ends up feeling numb by the middle of the day from all the popping. Also, I've...
I've used Sigg and KK. When I first started using them a few years ago it tasted odd to me at first, but now I realized that I was used to the way water tasted coming from plastic bottles. I still don't really like the sigg, and rarely use it, but I love my KK and don't taste anything strage at all. I recently drank from a plastic cup (at a friends house and it was just given to me, so i used it) and the water tasted horrible! She had a pur filter, just like i do, but the...
I love it! I've always wanted one of those! Btw, I love your blog, and your boys are so adorable!
Quote: Originally Posted by Redifer The Walgreens in my area just had knock-off Siggs for 3/$10 on sale... are they lined? and if so, how do you know it's a safe lining like with Sigg? Honestly, if you are truly concearned about having a safe bottle to drink from, I think it's worth it to invest in a Kleen Kanteen or Sigg. I prefer the KK b/c I've had both and the KK has lasted longer. The siggs I've had have bent and the paint has chipped...
Everytime I see the commercials for their new "green" products I feel sick. I don't care what "green" items they sell there, I'm not buying. Thery're just in it for the money and I will not give my money to them. Period.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jennisee You're stronger and more patient than I am. I wouldn't let someone who causes my family so much stress visit at all, period. I hope you guys figure out something that works well. : I would seriously tell her that you need time to adjust and to be with your new baby. She can come visit in a couple of months or you can go visit her for just a few days when the baby is 1 1/2 - 3 months old. I understand that...
Well, my feelings have always been this: I will buy a childrens book -like Winnie the Pooh - that was written by the original author - in this case A.A. Milne. I will NOT buy the winnie the pooh books that are put out now by disney. I also will not buy books that are written soley based on a tv show or movie (like all the Dora and Diego books). I see no harm in your dd having a madeline doll if she likes the books and knows her from them. I have several "classic" winnie...
Quote: Originally Posted by barose I would consider myself just green. I can’t say I'm very frugal. : I use vinegar and water but can’t stand the smell of vinegar so I only use it on our hardwood floors, windows, mirrors and stainless steel appliances. I use green cleaners for everything else. I love to go to thrift stores, but I also buy more pricy organic clothes every now and then. 100% thirft is too limiting to me. I buy green personal...
Congratulations!!! :::::