or Connect

Posts by Minerva

Quote: Originally Posted by thewaggonerfamily Can you imagine the shock, going into the ER thinking you have a gallstone or kidney stone or appendix problem and finding out you are delivering? Oh my! That happens to the wife of one of my husband's lodge brothers. She went to the ER with what she thought was an especially painful UTI. They told her that she was pregnant and 6cm dialated. The kid was born a couple of hours later. He has some...
I'd toss it. Glass in the stomach will do you in quickly. Was the package insured?
I'd third the children's books suggestion. When I was younger I was reasonably bilingual (English & French), but the French dropped off when I stopped using it. I find I can still read French even if I can't converse, so I've been gathering children's books to read to DD now that her English is fairly understandable. She's only three, so I think I should be catching her early enough to teach her my family's language. I may use the same approach to get my German,...
Good timing on the question. I suspected I was pregnant but started bleeding a trickle, so I took one at 18dpo and got a negative. I presently suspect that was just implantation bleeding. I didn't test at all until I was two months along with the last kid, so I have no idea if I'd even get a positive this early. At the moment, I'm sticking my head in the proverbial sand until April before testing again. (Not an obsessive tester! )
Are there any train tracks by you? Back in the day, they used to take women for bumpy rides over the tracks to loosen the muscles up. You also might try walk up and down the stairs for an hour or two; that uses the same muscles. Remember, they can't induce if you don't show up; they won't come and get you. Have a warm bath and think about something else for a while.
My father's mother had twilight sleep and forceps when her first (my father) was born in the 1920s. I'm told after she got back home she said "never again" and had the other children at home with a midwife. And her family had been so proud because she managed to marry a man who could afford such "modern" medical treatment for his wife.
Quote: Guy at my husband's job: Tell your wife to get a c-section so your kid can have a nice round head. True story: After my now-toddler was born, you would not BELIEVE how many people needed to stop us while we were out and ask how well I was recovering from my c-section. "What c-section", I asked the first time, being quite puzzled. "Well, she has such a nice round head, you must have had one." : Uh, no, she came fast and wasn't stuck...
Quote: Originally Posted by fairymom Do you know anyone w/a farm or acreage who would take her? If they didn't feed her on a regular basis she would start to hurt small rodents that could be helpful to those that have a problem on their land. I'd go with that, if that's an option. We used to do cat fostering, mostly cats who needed socializing. The few we got that really couldn't be "talked down" and start tolerating being petted once in a while...
I wouldn't worry about it too much. I stuffed myself with seafood while pregnant with my toddler. It was one of the few things I could stomach for a couple of months there. I assure you that she's turning out fine. My niece-in-law is Japanese and ate sushi the entire time she was pregnant (even the raw kind); it was her big craving from what I heard. My great-nephew is fine. As long as you're not getting food from some dive that hasn't been cleaned in 10+ years, it...
For a while there we were buying fruit leather for a quick toddler snack. Then the price of an 8-piece box doubled over the course of a year to $8 a box. Ack. For that much money, we can now get 4 pounds of raisins form the bulk bin or 2 or 3 pounds of dates. Cheaper, and keeps her full a lot longer.