or Connect

Posts by natesmamma

Yes, we brush his teeth. I am going to take him to a pediatric dentist recommended by his Pediatrician. I'm just hoping to start strengthening/healing his teeth now so as to avoid a really invasive/traumatic procedure.
I've never heard of Uncle Harry's. I took a look at it. What products would you recommend? The Childrens toothpaste? Tooth powder? I also have bad teeth so this is very interesting to me! As for mineral broths - would that be something like a broth made from Marrow Bones? I've seen that recommended before?
This is all very helpful!! I've heard a lot about cod liver oil lately. Its hard for me to imagine my son taking it. Is it true that there are products that actually don't taste fishy? Anyone know?
Trip to the Ped today... DS, 3yrs old is anemic. I got a supplement called MyKids, only iron in a liquid form. Anyone have experience with this? He hates green leafy veggies, which is what the Ped said we should feed him... ALSO - he plays with die-cast cars every day (the ones from the Disney Pixar movie Cars). Should I be worried about LEAD??? Anyone have experience with this?
We just saw the ped for the first time. She looked in my son's mouth and said "his teeth are a mess." She said it's possible that it is problems with his enamel, not cavities, but she just recommended a good pediatric dentist (who we will consider...) I have enamel problems, so it's possible that it is an enamel problem in him. She said that most likely he will need to go under anaesthesia. I really want to avoid this. I have found a local dairy that produces raw milk...
Thanks! It helps to know I'm not the only one! We leave soon...
I should add that he has no medical records except for the ones from his first month, because we never went to the Dr. Am I going to get in any sort of trouble for this??
I found a non-vaxing friendly Dr near me, so I made an appointment for my son. He is 39 months now (I think! didn't do the math...) and has not seen a pediatrician since he was born. I'm afraid I'm going to be lectured or called a bad mom... Is there anything I should know before I go? Any notes I should take? I also wonder about fluoride supplements. I know that's probably for the dental forum, but I suspect she will recommend them. Do most of you give fluoride? I...
Bronxmom - thanks! You raise a great point. In fact, this whole post started when I asked my SS who he was chatting with and he got angry and said he hates being asked that. That was when I realized something needed to change... because he does not want to have an open dialogue about it. He's a little secretive, which is probably normal for his age. Clearly his dad needs to have the dialogue with him, not me. I would like to be able to talk to him about it without him...
I was about to post something this morning about BFing an older child. My son is heading towards 3 1/2 and STILL nurses a LOT! I have not been super concerned about it, though my mother is. And no one can make you second guess yourself like your mother (or at least mine...) She pointed out that it seems like he's never going to stop. My DH voiced this concern as well. I personally feel that it is still important to him and he needs it emotionally. Based on that observation...