or Connect

Posts by jennaIL

The original thoughts in questions are indeed not thought out by the animal "adopter" who spoke them. Although many people compare their animals to children (and yes they are a lot of responsibility), HUMAN children (whether by birth or adoption) are much more significant. Personally, I would brush off things like this. I know there have been times in my life when I stuck my foot in my mouth by saying something without thinking about the other person's perspective. ...
I've been watching this thread and am amazed at the length of most everyone's pregnancies. I think my family may be the exception. My gifted daughter (now 5) was nearly preterm at 30 wks, but waited until a day shy of 37 wks with extreme medical intervention. I have been considered gifted, as well and I know I was delivered early because every one of my mother's pregnancies were early.
This is interesting. I remember disliking Dr. Phil in his early Oprah days because he criticized a mother for allowing her child to co-sleep. He said then that co-sleeping shouldn't happen. I'm glad to hear he is thinking differently now!
My daughter wrote in mirror image for a good length of time. Her pre-school teacher wouldn't correct her and suggested we just let time correct the situation. Over a year went by (ages 3-4) and she never corrected herself until a friend of mine was babysitting and just bluntly told her she was writing the wrong way. She told my dh that she should write the other direction and then it happened. She switched just like that. I told my daughter's teacher what happened and...
My kids are in a school that I think is good for all levels of intelligence. They are grouped in multi-aged classrooms. Pre-K 3 & 4 year old's, Grades 1 & 2, 3 & 4, 5 & 6, and 7 & 8. Kindergarten is the only class without every day multi-age grouping. All students are "graded" on a continuum with specific tasks laid out for mastery in each typical school subject with the typical age ranges completed shown. The students can be at any mastry level during any grade......
I'm really laughing about this post. My younger two usually bathe together. My 5 year old pretty much bathes herself. We do still start/stop the water and wash/rinse her hair for her. My 2.5 year old holds a rag and my dh or I hold a rag. Since he only gets a bath every few days, we need to make sure he's REALLY clean!! Now my 11 year old has been threatened here lately that dh or I are going to start batheing him again!! I had to make him re-bathe a few weeks...
I am left handed. I had a hard time remembering right and left for a long time (years). Although I can read maps well, I have a really hard time with unfamiliar directions and I become "directionally impaired" when I'm in an unfamiliar setting. I have very good fine motor skills. My dad is left and my mom is right handed. My sister (epileptic as a child) is right handed. My daughter is left handed. She has good fine motor skills and is very imaginative. She can...
Our local newpaper printer will hand out the end of newprint paper rolls at no charge to anyone requesting them. I think lots of printers will! There's quite a bit left on the rolls I have gotten. I have used them for packing & for the kids to draw/paint pictures.
Quote: Originally Posted by happyus3 And on the other hand, she has a little boy and she wants this decision to be fair to him as well. Some random thoughts to consider (with the most positive intention): There is the possibility of difficult circumstances with each and every pregnancy. Drug exposure most certainly increases the chance of problems. There are also health conscious moms who have children with disabilities and chronic...
I can only imagine what the multitude of effects may be depending on innumerable combinations of circumstances. My youngest was drug exposed (what appeared to include meth and cocaine) during the beginning of bio mom's pregnancy and immediately before delivery. He suffered from apnea twice in the first two days of life and not again. Currently, at 2.5, his only delays have been: gross motor as an infant (now without delay) and speech (cognitive and...