or Connect

Posts by Juliacat

http://juliacotton.weebly.com/index.html Nothing like the start of a new semester to make me procrastinate graduate school by writing my thesis on cloth diapering instead! Seriously, I hope this will be my best resource yet for people who want simple, accessible information about all that is fluffy.
This post really has been a huge for me. The whole time I've been researching cloth diapers (it's been 6 years!!!) I've struggled with trying to find what I think is the "best" system, when my problem could basically be boiled down to "the difference between my preferences and other people's." So, given that I prefer snaps and natural fibers and separate diapers and covers, my answer is prefolds or snapping cotton fitteds, with snapping covers; if I had to use AIO's...
My gut reaction is to tell you that if you like the FB, you should get those, because having what you like is more important than having a lot of extra stuff. And FB have high resale value in the end, too. But, of course, prefolds and wraps would get you more diapers for the same amount of money, and if you think you might like them and you're not picky about which cover to use, then it's reasonable to go that route. A Snappi and Dappi nylon pants would be the cheapest...
Quote: Originally Posted by jenrett I'm a huge fan of the prefolds and covers, for reasons the OP mentioned. However, I do not like the kissaluvs after all, because they are not very absorbant and take forever to dry. I prefer 100% cotton and don't mind folding prefolds at all. However, I am only 15 days into this cloth diapering ordeal....so my opinion isn't very opinionated yet! Totally agree about all the reasons NOT to like Kissaluvs, I...
And I can't stand Happy Heiny's! They always leaked for us. Rumparooz I've never tried because they're so expensive, and Swaddlebees I've never tried because I hadn't heard good things about their overall performance, except I had some of the pocket fitteds with DD1 and absolutely LOVED them until they started getting holes in them. I am completely in love with their covers, though. To each her own
For those of you who don't know me, I have a potty-trained 4.5 yo and a six-month-old baby, both cloth diapered from Day One. I think BumGenius pockets are the diaper of the future. They're as easy to use as disposables, keep the baby dry, dry quickly, and the size adjustability makes them reasonably priced in the long run. That being said, they're not my favorites. I prefer snaps to Velcro, I prefer natural fibers to synthetics, and I prefer separate diapers and...
I want to say, I understand the whole perfectionism thing, I posted here a LOT before my first baby was born, but it's taken a second baby to feel like I've got it down. Fitteds for newborns Prefolds after that - I like them because they're easy on the psyche. I just have regular DSQ's from clothdiaper.com, nothing brand name. Swaddlebees ABC snap wraps are my absolute all-time favorite cover. They fit like Bummis (which are great covers IMO) but have snaps and come...
I have cloth diapered 2 babies from birth and I feel really, REALLY strongly about fitted diapers for newborns. Flats and prefolds are too complicated for me the first two weeks, and pockets and AIO's leak newborn poop in the middle of the night. Fitteds are the only diapers that are easy enough to use, fit well, and hold everything in. We used Kissaluvs 0 for both of our babies, but if I were doing it over again I would probably buy the infant fitteds from Green Mountain...
My favorites are prefolds with Swaddlebees ABC snap wraps. I also keep around a stash of Velcro-closing fitteds (Cozy Cubs) for my mom, who changes a lot of diapers and strongly prefers these. As far as "easy" diapers for daycare, when DD1 was a baby I liked Bumkins AIO's and BumGenius pockets, but now we have a bunch of Fuzzi Bunz....
If your baby is already in mediums, I say stick with Bummis if that's what you like. Those fit for a very long time. I haven't tried the Flip disposable inserts so I can't comment on those.