or Connect

Posts by LilMama23

Sanderling Waldorf School (where my daughter attends) has a nursery program for 2-3 year olds, but it's only Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday. It's a great program, but a little pricey. If you're really stuck, I live in the downtown area and could watch her on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesdays. DD (age 4) goes to school Thursday and Fridays, but on the other days I'd love to watch another child out of my house so that DD has some more social interaction.
Wow, thanks for the heads-up. We just got ours last week and I was wondering if I needed to preview it. Guess it's going back on the shelf for a few years.
I'm about 15-20 minutes north of you in downtown. Always up for a park day, especially at Tecolote Shores park (my DD's favorite!).
Congratulations! Glad to hear it.
I birthed at Kennedy with a good overall experience 5 years ago; my only complaint was that the nurses were very pushy with the epidural. However, I had a doula client birth there last year and she had an AMAZING VBAC with Dr. O'Flynn.
That's cheap compared to our school. 5 day nursery/kindergarten runs about $9000/year.
If you're looking for more natural stuff, I recommend Magical Child in Encinitas and Babies By The Sea Boutique in Cardiff-by-the-sea. You'll find lots of great stuff, but they are much pricier than Target & BRU.
Our dinner tonight was a $1 bag of frozen stir fry veggies and a half a pound of spaghetti (50 cents). Seasoned with soy sauce, it fed the whole family.
I thought for sure that my DH would need a lot of convincing - but he was surprisingly easy, too. At first, he said, "No, he needs to be done." And then I made him watch the Penn & Teller video on it ... and he said he needed to think about it. After a few days, he said, "Okay, we won't circ." And that was that, never another word.
You can do Sea World in one day. We have season passes (and live less than 2 miles away) so we go a ton and just do a few things at a time. But if you give it one full day, you will be able to get everything done if you plan ahead. When you get there in the morning, get a map (will have the show times for the day) and plan your day around the shows that you want to see. That way you won't have to come back another day just because you missed a show that you wanted to see....