or Connect

Posts by LilMama23

We're in North County (just moved within the last year) and so far it seems pretty homeschool-friendly. We did find a weekly homeschool group that encompasses all styles, and there are lots of classes/educational activities available.
If you've never used diapers.com - there are tons of first-time user coupons for there to get $10 off a $50 purchase. I used these to get one pack of Nature BabyCare, one pack of Tushies, and one pack of Seventh Generation - so that I could see which brand I liked best. I much preferred the Seventh Generation, and whenever we need sposies that's the brand I go to.
Well, I'm 29 weeks as well and I've definitely been feeling worse this week. Much dizzier & more nauseous. I was figuring it was just a hormone surge or something.
What a great perspective! My DD (age 4) wants nothing more than to attend my birth, but because of the H1N1, our hospital does not allow children under 14 in, at all, unless they are a patient. So she won't even get to see the baby until 12 hours after his birth when we come home.
I'd start checking Craigslist for cheap musical instruments, craft supplies, & gardening supplies. The nice thing about Craigslist is that you can barter - so your money can go a lot farther than it does on Amazon. How about "school" supplies, like a globe, maps, abacus, etc.? We picked up a talking adventure globe for $1 at a yard sale and it has helped my four-year-old discover so many things! Just yesterday we talked about why the sun goes down and I used the globe and...
I'm so lazy. I did them religiously with DD and had a really quick recovery. This time, I haven't done them at all yet.
I've never had luck with selling books on Craigslist. I have sold several baby items on there, however. It's free to list items on there, so I always try there first.
I'm another one that loves The Paper Bag Princess - probably more than my DD does.
Not at all. My mom had a horrific 36 hour labor that ended in an emergency c-section. I had a 17 hour labor, only 4 hours of what was considered "active" labor, ending in a vaginal delivery.
DD is 4 and we still call her "The Baby". I'm sure that will stop when DS arrives in May, though.