or Connect

Posts by Pinkbruise

My rule is "you may have this, or you may make yourself a sandwich or an apple". Even for my 3 yo. They have to try 1 bite before they declare they don't like it and won't eat it. My 7 yo usually then discovers that it is delicious and asks for seconds. If they still won't eat I give them water and off to bed with the promise of a big breakfast. They will eat it they are hungry. My boys area little overweight so I don't worry one bit about them getting some they like to...
So Sage is nearly 7 months old and will not sleep without swaddling. I've tried not swaddling but she just can't settle into sleep. I've tried wrapping her snuggly with a blanket but undoing it when I lay her down and she wakes up immediately. If I bring her into my bed and nurse her back to sleep without the swaddle she smacks and pats me all night long. If I move away from her she is getting up on her hands and knees for crawling practice. The real problem is that she...
oh!  She weighed 9lbs 3oz!  
Sage was born Tuesday evening at 7:03 p.m. at Duke hospital.  We transferred when her heart rate became elevated.  Once we were at the hospital though she was ok!  I decided to stay though because I coulndt imagine another trip in the car.   After I got into the laboring suite I labored in the tub for an hour or so.  The midwives at duke are only there until 6pm (stupiud, huh??)  so I had my midwife check me before she left.  Thank goodness I was 9 then and she...
Sage Opal was born Tuesday evening at 7:03 p.m.  We ended up transferring to Duke hospital because her heart rate was elevated for a prolonged period of time.  Once we got there however, it was fine!!!  My midwife at the hospital was very supportive of me going back home but I just could not get back in the car.  So we stayed and had an incredibly amazing natural birth at the hospital.   Seriously, there was absolutely nothing that could have been better.  
I've been up since 12:30 and the contractions are still about 5 minutes apart.  The boys got up about an hour ago and are making me insane.  The big one is going to school in about an hour and the little one is going to Oma & Opa's   I'm getting pretty tired.  I hope once my water breaks this kid flies out.  I'm ready to sleep
So I'm having contractions every 5 minutes now, and can't sleep!
well I saw my HB midwife . . . who said I'm measuring way way way bigger than I should be.  We even talked about transfering my care!   I called the hospital midwives to see if they wanted me to come in today for the NST & u/s rather than tomorrow.... thankfully she said to relax, and wait till tomorrow.     So DH starts his leave tomorrow and will be able to come to that appointment with me *phew*!   I REALLY hope this babe comes soon . . . I'll be 42 weeks...
Would you be opposed to just refusing the antibiotics?  The midwives who are providing my parallel care were happy to accommodate refusing the abx... they would have just wanted us to stay 48 hours to watch for signs and symptoms versus 24 hours.
This is #3.  #1 Was born with an induction a few days after his due date.  #2 was born at 41 weeks exactly.  My water broke around 4:30pm and I was really only uncomfortable for a short period of time just before I started pushing at 1 a.m.  I couldn't really discern when a contraction started or ended and wasn't sure if "this was it" until my midwife checked me and I was 8cm!!   So I'm hoping for a similar experience this time!  or better!  DS2 was a OP baby (so was...