or Connect

Posts by Pinkbruise

Have you talked to your ped. about it? the AAP and LLL do not recommend anything for full term breastfed babies for the first 6 months of life.
Jude was born 9/22/09 he was due 9/15/09
Jude spits up A LOOOOOOOOOOT! I am always worried about him choking on his spit up when he's sleeping on his back, so I usually lay him down on his side. I would feel better with him sleeping on his belly though. It would probably be more comfortable for him to burp that way too.
I just waited until the bleeding had stopped (and then waited a couple days to make sure it REALLY had stopped) which was at 4 weeks Also I put a few fingers in there first to make sure there weren't any stitches left... and that it didn't hurt After DS1 was born we waited the full 6 weeks, then some more. And it hurt like craaaaaaaazy for months afterwards. Not this time! Feels like normal! (Thank goodness!)
So DS2 almost can't sleep at all during the day because DS1 is SO FREAKING LOUD! I either spend all day holding DS2 while he nurses/fusses/and lightly sleeps in my arms or sling... and DS1 is whining and cranky because I can't do anything with him because I'm holding DS2 Or... I spend all day trying to get DS2 to sleep in the bedroom and then reminding DS1 to be quiet. Then DS1 is even more upset and screaming everytime I remind him to be quiet so we can have time...
So DS2 almost can't sleep at all during the day because DS1 is SO FREAKING LOUD! I either spend all day holding DS2 while he nurses/fusses/and lightly sleeps in my arms or sling... and DS1 is whining and cranky because I can't do anything with him because I'm holding DS2 Or... I spend all day trying to get DS2 to sleep in the bedroom and then reminding DS1 to be quiet. Then DS1 is even more upset and screaming everytime I remind him to be quiet so we can have time...
beautiful! we also had a pro photographer come, I can't wait to see my pics!
Jude will be 1 week old tomorrow! I feel great! He is a really relaxed baby. He nurses every 2-3 hours, and sleeps the rest of the time . . . he'll even let us lay him down or put him in the baby swing! He doesn't need to be held 24-7 like DS1!! We kind of feel guilty putting him down! I only needed 1 stitch and I guess it's healing up pretty good. My MW will be over on Thursday to check it out. It still stings when I get pee on it though, so I'm still using...
We've had a bedtime routine for DS1 that has been working WONDERFULLY for the past 3 months or so. Now I just had DS2 last week and can see we REALLY need to get into more routine. I feel so disorganized though, I don't know where to start! Should I try adding a morning routine first and get that going well before adding more routine, or should I come up with a plan for the whole day/week and adjust as we go till it works for us? What does your routine look...
Quote: Originally Posted by tofutti i got to the hospital around -- 5 pm? and felt stupid like - they are gonna send me home, i know it, and guess what -- i was already at 6! it was no worse than a bad period, i swear ladies. i just kept thinking - so not a big deal - just a cervix opening up, whatevs!! NOT scary! i managed to really convince myself. the mind! the mind! the super freaky mind! ha. contractions were such a breeze. swear it to you....