or Connect

Posts by Ingwer

babylovex2, my boys are 23 mos. and EXACTLY like your girls. we've been doing playgroups since 18mos and really i don't notice much change in their shyness and clinginess. i am releived to hear this should get better and may check out that book. it's so hard when we go to their gym class and there's all this cool stuff i know they are just itching to get on but instead they hide behind and cling on me till ALL the other kids leave to go cool down. it's sad to see...
got mine back at 15 mos. we're still nursing at night. my periods are fairly regular. wow, punky congratulations!!!
laralou i think that's great how you assigned colors/patterns. my guys are identical also. somehow i havent had a problem but almost everyone else does. actually my dh always thinks the twin in darker colors is August eventhough that is not always the case (i think in the beginning i dressed him in darker colors more often???), so maybe i should do this to help him out. also, i was thinking about doing this color assignment and telling other ppl., like those at our...
i like to dress my b/b identical twins in loosely coordinating outfits (same style, yet diff. colors and make). i like to see both in overalls, or both in shorts, etc. we've done it all though. we'll do completely different about a third of the time. i do buy them the same shoes and usually the same coats/jackets. the only times i've dressed them head-to-toe identical is for their pictures. for their upcoming 2 year picture i want to do the coordinating thing though.
we had a swing, 2 slings, a bouncy chair, gymini, and pacifiers. l adore my double stroller, a maclaren side-by-side. i would've gone bonkers without it. my guys wanted to be held all the time as infants but hated being held at the same time if i sat down. this problem was solved with the stroller. we took so many walks which was really therapeutic for me. i used my slings a lot too, never double-slinging though. now i found out it's bad for my prolapse to carry...
Quote: Well if your breast were as floppy as mine you could just lay on your back and flop one to each side and hook them up. this is me too yeah, when my breasts got stretchy around 6 mos i was able to nurse lying down. before that my breasts were too small, i think, for this position. i hope the pillow suggestion works, we never attempted that one. i always just nursed them upright when they were that small.
woohoo! today's the big day! can't wait to hear about your twins NaturalJoy! sorry , i'm late to this thread. here is my experience: my boys were born at 39 weeks. we never had to supplement. we roomed in and told the staff at no point to give them pacifier (to avoid nipple confusion). we introduced the paci around 2 weeks once they had experience nursing w/no problems. the first twin did really well, second twin had problems latching. so after 5 hours the nurses...
thank you mamas for your responses! this really puts me at ease, because it seems as though the little ones i know have been talking since around 12 mos. mom3, i will definitely start verbalizing for them. i think i should say words more slowly and clearly for them, i really don't sound things out at all now. i've heard that once twins start talking it's not always as clear, or later, as grammatically correct as singletons since they repeat each other's speech...
My boys are now 18 mos old and still not talking. just the occasional mama, or dada. They do a lot of grunting, 'ehing', pointing to communicate. I know one problem might be that we don't get out a lot. So they don't spend much time at all with other kids where who they might need to clearly verbally communicate with. This going to change starting in April when we start a playgroup and tumbling class. I heard normally twins are late talkers because they create their...
oh dear, isnt Pupps the worst? i had it when pg with my twins. on the belly and then a little on arms, hands. my ob prescribed creams, but the only thing that really helped me was aloe vera gel (i bought it by the bottle). the cooling really soothed the itch. crossing fingers hoping it doesnt spread too much till you deliver!