or Connect

Posts by BoyGirlTwinsAPMama

Quote: Originally Posted by VanessaS I know it sounded like I was blowing you off about the dairy, but I wasn't. I worry about that myself since my family has a history of dairy problems. Also, cows milk just has a HUGE amount of sugar in it, doesn't it? So I'm slowly switching over to soy milk for the kids and they're both calming down a bit. I wonder... Those are all awesome strategies! The thing about soy though... NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Don't do...
Quote: Originally Posted by karne I am going to gently say that I think this is not only an unkind way to put this, but perhaps erroneous as well. The weather, days of the week, month, etc. are pretty standard in most classrooms. It's true, you're right, but I didn't post the other things that happened on day 1 to back up my incredibly poor attitude right now. Truly sorry for the rudeness and offense, but for sure, it is warranted towards this...
Yes, profoundly gifted twins, it turns out. Was a wild ride! We loved all the Montessori manipulatives at your kids age and also lots of Uncle Milton stuff like the working solar system and lots of Magic School Bus stories and remember the Montessori global map puzzles and such. Keep her more occupied. She's BORED to tears probably and acting out on her NEEDS to learn. We don't often GET that these kids are STARVING for information in their fast learning brains. They are...
OP: It sounds like a dairy issue. Have you totally, completely, unequivocally eliminated ALL dairy from her diet? See if that changes her in about 3 days to up to 2 weeks. No yogurt, no cheese, no milk, no butter. Not in a cup, not in cooked foods, not in pancakes nor cookies, not in cereal. I'd just eliminate all soy and gluten too, since they all 3 are sister foods and have a great deal to do with behaviours in children (and adults too sometimes). It's an easy test to...
Oh, no, it's not like that. She wanted to go where her brother went. It was totally, totally her choice. He refused to go to those schools and she went where he was going. But I am thinking just maybe I will call up the local private school and see if they will even take her a week into the school year. They may not. And if not, I can homeschool her this year and she can go to private next year if that's what she wants.
My son loved his first day of Kindy. My dd, no so much. She came home and burst into tears. My heart is breaking for this child. She loved EVERY single private school we tried but her twin brother didn't and so we tried the local public school, which everyone loves. She hates it. I am truly thinking I will pull her out in 2 weeks if she doesn't come home raving happy next week. She's a sad little thing and quiet and that's not her at all. For sure, this is the exact...
If you want to develop the left brain more, you could do Interactive Metronome exercises with your son daily. You could buy a Metronome from Sam Ash or whatever music store, and set it for 1 minute on 40rpm and then have the boy tap his *right* hand for the 1 minute to the beep, then tap his right foot for another 1 minute. Then set the metronome to 60rpm and have him tap his right hand for 1 minute to the beep and then for one minute tap his foot to the beep. That's it....
this sounds like Sensory issues OR it could be a food allergy (sounds weird, I know). Try to eliminate gluten, soy, corn and dairy and see if her sensory issues (such as biting) calm down. They most often do, since food allergies will masquerade as Sensory issues. Otherwise, after 3 weeks of no dairy, no gluten (wheat, barley, rye), no soy, no corn, I would take her for a good Occupational Therapist evaluation for Sensory Issues. ((hugs)) It's not easy to parent when there...
Quote: Originally Posted by Hannahsmummy Just curious about what the original poster is thinking about the responses. are you out there? Yes, I'm here and listening to all. I spoke to the school last Monday about our religious beliefs and not participating in the prayers (we had NO idea they did that in class) and the bdays and they aren't able to accommodate our religious beliefs. Too bad, but we are all ok with how it worked out early and not...
A real calling for sweet foods can be a sign of protein insufficiency. : I would try feeding him a lot more protein, such as hard boiled and scrambled eggs, meat, gluten free chicken nuggets, gluten free fish sticks, coleman hot dogs, cubed turkey, tuna salad, chicken salad. I'd also eliminate gluten and if that seemed to help curb his appetite I might try to eliminate dairy and see if that helps also. I'd also avoid soy. We have a whole shelf of foods for our kids to...