or Connect

Posts by kerc

but remember, she is canadian...I'm guessing she's talking C.Today's commute = pain in the rear. Warmer weather = snow. And we got 2 x as much as they were predicting which meant driving was more like Cleveland or Chicago (snowy, slippery, etc.). Sorry to hear about the repetitive puking. I sure hope you can figure it out. I guess the bright side is it's not happening at school. I can only imagine how horrible he feels. Plady: I can understand how C feels about the house....
To frame the discussion, I'd suggest also thinking (yourself) about how the f-word is used: noun, verb, expletive, etc.  If we really consider it, we have more precise words to describe most of the time that one might use that word.     on a whole 'nother topic. But related:  I feel like a 12 year old middle schooler every time I get an email that includes the phrase "cross training" to refer to an exercise event -- like I just got one that said, "all men's cross training...
I left in the dark this morning (8am lab + set up will do that). Our streets in Duluth are generally better than the streets in Minneapolis/St Paul. We have alternate weekly parking. I know some of you live in places where you would never imagine parking overnight on the street. (I grew up in many of those places -- the true suburbs for instance). We park on the street, regularly. In Duluth we have year-long alternate side parking. One week on the even side, one week on...
I'm waiting to pick up dd1 at ski lessons. This is what the parking lot looks like. It's roughly comparable to my Street, but it'll be too dark at home to take a picture when we get there. Sand. Sand sand. Vs salt. Sand adds traction when you can't melt the snow. More later, not from my phone.
Lazy Saturday here. Skied for 30 minutes with dd1.
a. Gaye:  you're asking the wrong lady re: valentines day.  I've been with my partner since 1995. That's 19 years.  Not that I'm a victoria's secret kind of girl anyhow.   b. Nic: WTG on the race, which I failed to already have posted. You did great. Naked ladies in the JCC?  That's the stereotype from middle school years (near Utica NY). And now I live in Minnesota. So people pretty much always shower with the wetsuit still on ;) .  On biking:  frankly every time I go...
Mama. This is a learning thing. IMO as an educator:  you get a chance to screw up, reflect on what happened, fix it and call it a learning experience. Every single time -- not so much. When he writes on his college or graduate school application what he learned from this "screw up", the person reading the application will think very highly of him regardless of one or two low course grades. Yes, organization. Yes. yes yes. This is one of those untestable life skills. Err,...
Lol about moving. The longest i have ever lived anyplace was my old house in Duluth. I find myself rearranging furniture a lot more than your average person.
Yes. YES!  These kids do absorb by osmosis (but not everything). Like somehow they're good at the academic end of learning and the day to day tasks of how to get the job done they aren't good at.
Lots of thoughts. Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes (here, on facebook and via email). It was a good one. My kids and I went with three friends about 2 hrs away for a ski in the woods. By request from dd2 we went to the new YMCA there and kids swam in the pool for an hour, we soaked in the hot tub (and I swam a little with the kiddos).  Dinner out together at a nice restaurant. I was beat by the time I got home.   Nic:  an indoor tri is not more wussy than an...