or Connect

Posts by CrunchyCate

Subbing. This will be my fourth year, I think. 2009s was a bit iffy, probably one of my less successful maps, but I also put less passion in it than in previous years, and it also had unusual results. I guess I will see what the next 3 months still brings from it, still!
Quote: Originally Posted by Masel My daughter had already been off dairy for a year when she had began having chronic ear infections. Having tubes put in is really just ventilating a wound which is an ancient way to cure infections. For me the worst part what having my baby girl put under but since you already are doing that I don't see the problem. I'm sorry I'm not giving you the natural answer you are looking for. I was really afraid to have my...
Subscribing- this will be my third year. The first two were pretty successful!
Quote: Originally Posted by Bookmama My DS's bedroom is his "safe room" for rages. And yes, to protect our other children, we put a lock on the outside of his door. He has nothing in his room that he can use to hurt himself--he has mostly stuffed animals and action figures, and they will go flying during the rages. I stand outside the door very lovingly telling him that when he tells me he is done and ready, I will happily come in and snuggle him. ...
Yes, and even when looking locally. We are near Mt. Rainier, so I checked lahar maps before deciding where to move last time. Earthquakes scare me to death, and after our "big" one in '01, I seriously considered moving away, until I found out that the only two places without earthquake risk in the US were Florida (no thanks- hurricanes!) and someplace else I'm not remembering. We are at a certain level above sea level that makes me feel safe about all but the very worst...
DD4 gets 1 1/2 mg 4-5 nights a week (depending on the week!) I like to give her a break from it after a few days so she doesn't get too dependent on it.
This is a nightmare of mine- my ex takes minimal interest in our kids, and my husband is a dad to my kids as well as to our kids together (their sisters that they are close to.) Legally, we are just kind-of stuck.
I was just coming on to this board to ask the same thing. I feel like my 26 month old nurses as much as she did when she was 6 months old! My last self-weaned at 23 months, so this is new to me.
Yes, nursing can cause low progesterone. I am generally super fertile, however I started charting when nursing DD4 and noticed I had a short luteal phase (often associated with low progesterone). I took B6 and managed to lengthen it a couple of days. First month of TTC, I got a positive pregnancy test on the day my period was due- and then a heavy period started the next day. Second month of TTC, I called a doctor the day I had a faint positive test and demanded a...
Quote: Originally Posted by attachedmomto3 maybe dumb question, but a real one, did you have supply issues being gone and not nursing for a week, did you pump? sorry if this is a dumb questions I was gone for 4 days and then a couple of times for 2-3 days each, and I had to express milk once or twice a day. It didn't empty it as completely as nursing, and I was REALLY glad to get back, just to nurse (which DD did the second I walked in the...