or Connect

Posts by cyclamen

I have long time sexual issues arising from trauma which in the past have interfered with my ability to access health care.  It sucks.  You deserve to get health care and to be able to address whatever issues you have with expert help.  I currently see a midwife for my gyn care and it has helped me feel much more relaxed.  Talked at first appt about my boundaries and at first we didn't even do a pelvic exam ever.  Over time have we have developed trust and now I can have a...
And that's not snark.  I've lived with anxiety.  Stressing about moving when a simple solution is available.... is a reaction out of proportion to the problem, and that is a hallmark of anxiety that is interfering with your life to the extent that some type of treatment, be it medical or counseling or whatever... is a possibility that should be explored.
I hate to say this but have you seen a doctor for your anxiety?  Your reaction is out of proportion to the danger presented.   Also, what MeepyCat said.
1st, I assume an OB.  2nd, a paramedic.
First - on my back in McRoberts?  My knees pulled practically up to my ears.  Had been pushing for over an hour or more on hands and knees and was so exhausted that I did not care how I lay.  (Total 2-3 hrs)   Second - on my hands and knees for about 20 min then draped over the birth ball for about 10 - so slightly more upright.  Could not move from the spot.  Pushing got more productive as soon as I was over the birth ball.   Second baby was much faster, bc second...
Who want mandating?  I don't support mandating.     As to the rest of it... wow.  It is so, so common to feel regret, if your child's life was cut short, that any moment of it was not peaceful.  It is sooo common.  It's common to wish that every moment had been peace.  I have wished the very same thing.  That is not the same thing as being in the midst of an emergency of unknown severity and outcome and saying, "Oh well, let's not bother, he probably would have been...
 Uh.  Babies who experience hypoxic events during birth have a wide range of outcomes from no issues to mild developmental delays to severe issues to death.  A timely c-section saves a lot of kids a lot of suffering - meaning they come out very healthy.  Some may be disabled but still be able to enjoy their own lives.  If a baby is found to be so injured that s/he has no hope of healing or quality of life, parents can and do make decisions to discontinue interventions that...
This thread is all over the place.  I think in many ways most of us agree on the core things: women should be treated with respect, women have a right to make health care decisions for themselves, and mothers don't make birth choices they believe would put themselves or their kids in harms' way for the sake of experience.   But people do disagree about what they believe is risky, which is why we have such an array of decision making around birth.   The main disagreement...
I didn't choose a home birth; I had one by accident.  But even though I knew babies could die as a result of the process of birth going awry, I didn't believe that birth was really dangerous.  One of my last coherent thoughts during her birth was, "She's going to die" (this wasn't instinct, I noticed that something specific was wrong) and then "no, babies don't actually die like this."  Then she came out floppy and pale.  She would have had a very good shot at life and...