or Connect

Posts by cyclamen

I hope they listen and are trustworthy.  :hug:  Do you have other thoughts on what you would need to have during a "non-emergency" labor situation and what would help you feel most comfortable if everything is going well?
It sounds like you are very clear on what  you need from your midwives. Have you shared these thoughts with them?  What was their response and how did you feel?
I really think the question is not, how do you know when not to listen to your care provider, but how do you know your care provider is worthy of being listened to?   Ideally, you are hiring them to give you guidance and help you make decisions, in addition to stand by as a skilled attendant.  But that only works if you feel you can trust them and you feel they respect you.  For one thing, you want to be sure you are on the same page regarding safety and risk.  But you...
4yo.  5 days a week 830-12.  She loves it, transition was painless, she was ready.
I think that kids have their own timetable. That said, my daughter is one who was probably capable and would have benefitted from separate sleeping space at a younger age. There was a little hump to get over, but then she took to it very well and began sleeping better than ever. So sometimes it's worth experimenting to see what kind of kid you have. In our case, I felt that I had hindered her a little from getting the best sleep she could have. But she is fine, healthy...
Around age three when we moved her to her own bed and taught her to fall asleep on her own, without someone laying next to her..
I think that can be one of the big tensions of being a parent.  It puts us so close to the things that scare us.  I understood immediately why you said you couldn't be unassisted because I have very much that feeling.  It's a mother's choice to make, of course, but for me, no matter how small the risk, the stake is far too high.  So we must get creative to do what is best for our babies and best for us.  I really have enjoyed having this conversation with you Viola, and I...
Also, we are both due in April!  How cool is that!  I'm due April 8, what about you?  It's funny, I'm coming at things from the opposite direction.  My first birth was so hellishly painful, and my second was eh, painful, that I decided if it hurts as much as my first this time, I think I really want that epi so I can labor down and save my strength.  If it's like my second, eh, whatever.  So I totally get the feeling of "I have done it this way a few times, I wonder what...
I think I understand what you are saying.  You've felt disconnected from your births in the past, perhaps overwhelmed by pain and then later hazy from the medication?  You wonder what it would be like to manage the pain without medication, and if the birth would feel different to you, if you would experience it differently.  It also sounds like you would like to have a special experience with your husband and this baby that you expect to be your last child.  You've seen...
Thanks for your kind words.  I miss her every day.   Yes, I think it's always a challenge to navigate birth after trauma.  Planning for my second child's birth and talking with my midwives about what I needed for safety helped me address a lot of issues I had about feeling control over my own body and feeling safe when I was vulnerable.  Then we didn't make it to the hospital in time - and the accident happened, so close to help, and not close enough - and now I have a...