or Connect

Posts by cyclamen

AlaaJ, thanks for emailing Katy.  I was thinking of doing that but have been so busy.  I look forward to hearing more of what she has to say.    I notice that squatting in the tailbone out squat, I feel like something is "happening" - muscles working etc - if it's loadbearing - ie, I do it while my daughter naps on my back.  It seems my muscles just don't want to work hard enough without a weight.  I have been working on her techniques for stretching and doing the...
Oh, zoebird, I use washcloths for brushing my teeth quite a lot too.  I feel that it gets them cleaner and is gentler on my gums.  DD uses a washcloth too.  Not any special cloths, just the washcloths we keep in the bathroom.  Occasionally I wonder, why do we buy toothbrushes?  Mainly habit and probably partly because DP would be like, "Oh here is goes honey with one of her endearing but batsh** crazy ideas again...."  I kind of feel like toothpaste isn't good for your...
And although the thing about netflix seemed pretty corny to me, everyone's got their battle.
I liked the weird garden-looking thing in the living room.  That was very pretty.   Her home is pretty.  Perhaps it is calming to be a kid in a house where you know where everything goes.  I can see how minimalism might be stressful to kids if it's done in a very rigid or controlling way, but at the same time, I strive to have a place for everything so that my daughter won't have to feel stressed by too many choices, or by not knowing what to do with something when...
No, I don't think you were selfish.  If someone wanted to hold the baby, they should have spoken up.  Goodness knows there were times when I would have liked a break from holding the baby but didn't want to impose.   I wore DD at all gatherings until she started showing the urge to run around... around 1 year or so.  Now it's at her inclination.  Occasionally I did get a few kooky extended relatives making some snide comments about, "Oh she's in that thing again...."...
My DD 18mo has only very occasionally ridden in a stroller and she does not seem to mind when she does.  I think it's an interesting change of pace for her.   She likes things with wheels.  Does your DD like wheels? 
I don't have any advice about a stroller because I also carry my DD on my back, but I did find these links - one is a review of the stroller you posted.  Maybe it will be helpful?   http://moms4mom.com/questions/1511/what-stroller-would-you-suggest-for-snow http://www.bassgiraffe.com/2010/12/snow-stroller-review.html  
The funk was because of the buildup of cream on my grains.  I just rinsed them in lukewarm milk and they smell way better.  They were still very slimy so I hope that by changing the milk frequently they will make a full recovery.   I found this information buried somewhere on Dom's site about how pasturization makes the cream stickier or something.. but now I can't find it to post a link.  Anyhow, hopefully my milk wasn't too warm and the grains will...
Yeah I think I am going to try this too.  My DD is pretty tiny and doesn't like to eat that much.  I already leave out a bowl of food for her, but it's usually not finger foods.  But I made meatloaf!  I could put that out for her with some oranges.  I really like that monkey tray idea - it looks like something she might enjoy.  Or something that she might leave scattered on the floor.  LOL.   I do have a small basin I leave on the floor in the kitchen and often she...
Kinda clean and neat, kinda cluttered and messy.  Small house... we're working on having a place for everything.  We still have a lot of extra "stuff" though.  But I'm getting way better.  I have hoarder tendencies but at least I am grossed out by my tendencies now.  I'm learning to clean as I go.  Getting rid of stuff I don't love.   About 4 nights a week, everything is clean, the laundry is done, the dishes are put away, tomorrow's lunch is in the fridge.  The rest...