or Connect

Posts by cyclamen

So Bowman is obviously more knowledgeable about this topic than I am so take my experience with a grain of salt, but like I said my mom sits a certain way.  She sweeps the floor that way.     And I figured if was good enough for millions of old Korean ladies, it was good enough for me.  I am tight, so my knees don't come past my toes unless I really try or lift my heels up.  Basically I lean back a little bit more and my knees line up with the tips of my toes. ...
I think it definitely can be a hormonal thing.  Personally, it took me several months to heal and be ready for intercourse again.  Once I was ready, boy was I ready!  However, I would go gentle on your body.  You may want to remind your husband that if you have intercourse that is painful, that can beget more painful intercourse as the body tries to protect itself.  Something that may have easily gone away over time can become very difficult to deal with (vaginismus). ...
Oh awesome, thank you!
I think that is the one we have.... or maybe ours is the one that is just a little bit bigger.  Did you have to hold him over it?  She's 18mo and doesn't like to be held in potty position.  Hmm, if it is smaller than ours, maybe that is a good one to get.
cute!
Based on the watery poops, I agree with the posters who suggested keeping a food journal.   Another thing I've learned from watching my daughter is sometimes she was waking up in the middle of the night to pee, and she didn't always want to go in her diaper OR she did go in her diaper and didn't like how it felt.  When she was younger, for a while I'd wake up and hold her over a potty bowl and she would pee and go right back to sleep.  But that stopped workign after...
DDs father and I both come from families that find poop hilarious, although his more than mine.  So we've taught DD every word for poop we can think of, including poo, poop, poo-poo, doo-doo (this is her favorite, she uses it for pee too), caca, keke, ddong, "ungaheyo?" (means "go potty?" in korean - she grunts in response).  So uh... yeah.. we'll probably regret this in a year.  Or when she goes to kindergarten singing, "Camptown caca five miles long, doo doo, doo...
I started out doing it because DD had bad constipation, and I suspected dairy was the culprit.  Then I read that gluten and casein intolerance are often related, so I figured, why do one and not the other?  So we cut both from our diet.  Then I realized that I wasn't bloating anymore either, or have alternating constipation and diarrhea (I had chalked it up to pp hormonal weirdness).  I also used to get the bloating after every meal.  I thought it was normal!  Then I...
We just got a cuisinart one from marshalls for $40.  It seems great to me... I use it like everyday.  I like that the handle is enameled and good up to 500F.  I want to get a non-enamel (straight cast iron) one eventually too, though.
So I am not sure if this is the best place to post this but...   We have done part time ec with our dd 18mo.  She likes to pee/poo while standing, doesnt mind sitting on the potty but never pees.  We've been sort of encouraging her to use it though because she is done with diapers.   Anyhow, I've read that squatting is actually very healthy and preferable for elimination.  Also that squatting multiple times daily is very healthy for women's bodies in particular...