or Connect

Posts by cyclamen

I tried using those super tight support underwear - not spanx, but the really firm stuff you can buy at target.  I wanted it to feel good but it just felt like it was putting pressure on my internal organs and squeezing them out of me if I wore it too long.  Ewww.  So I didn't wear them much.  I think they were too tight/too small.   I also tried wrapping a long cloth around me and that was a little better.   IIRC, the ace bandage was the best.   I think I...
Yeah I agree that I can see why a parent would rather have their kid pee in a pull up than in a nasty bathroom.  My mom used to  have us pee in a soda cup if we were driving.  (boys and girls)  I've done it as an adult.  She would also pull over on the side of the road and open the door and pee behind that if we really had to go.   And yeah, I won't lie I will also open my car door and hide while I pee.  In a parking lot, even, if the only option is waking the babe. ...
I like cotton voile to line cotton dresses or else poly lining fabric.  And super thin shantung silk for really fancy dresses.
I've been watching my posture and doing kegels (really focusing on not just squeezing but drawing up and in) and squats (not whole woman, but they feel good for me), yoga, and transverse abdominal exercises - rather haphazardly, I must add - and 18mo pp, things feel 10000000x better down there.  I also engage my pelvic floor muscles if I do run.    Anyhow, I definitely could feel bulging in my vagina, very close to the opening - of my urethra and sometimes my bowel -...
It's hard to do, but if he naps, try to nap with him.  I'm usually trying to do something, but I should be sleeping when my LO naps.  Also do you have something like an Ergo?  Maybe he can be on your back while you cook?  Or can he stand on a chair and watch?  My DD likes to watch me cook.    Or, can you give him a tub of water to play in on the kitchen floor?   I also struggle with time management (obviously... here i am posting at 3AM after just completing my...
When my mom pulled me out of school in 7th grade, I spent two months doing nothing but my chores, reading whatever books I wanted (my favorite activity) and cooking with my mom (another favorite activity.)   After that there was more structure but I also found some interests during that month of just reading.   I know your daughter is only 8, but perhaps if you ask your daughter to come up with her own project of how to learn genealogy she will have some ideas. ...
I see from your sig you've got a newborn... and it's winter... and a preschooler!  Wow!   Can you have friends come over and visit for playdates?  A friend of mine remembers her mom and grandma and aunts all socializing (and smoking...it was the 80s...) during the day when she was a young kid, cooking together, and just having the kids all play together.   Or can you schedule yourself in for a book club or something where you leave the kids home and go out once a...
For the last few months, I've been trying to show DD 18m about all the stuff I do in the kitchen.  So she stands next to me on a chair while I wash dishes.  I put the chopping board on the floor and let her help cut the vegetables.  We wash things together.  We wipe stuff.    I've been showing her how to put her clothes on and giving her the chance to do some of the steps herself.  She also loves playing with cups and a little tub of water.   Basically, I think...
I agree with the PP - you are a teacher!  And you're his mother.  And you're concerned about his educational future.  That's a wonderful combination... you sound perfectly equipped to help your son.  If you really want to stay home, I'd stay home.   FWIW, my mom (who was a SAHP most of my life) is not a teacher and was not even college educated when she taught me to read before I began kindergarten.  She must have done it right too, because I've never had a problem. ...
We started counting "one.... twoo.... three!"  like it was  a really fun game.  That seemed to help alot.   Or you can give them the diaper to hold - DD really liked to hold the diaper, rash cream and wipes and was more cooperative if she was participating a little.   I think around this age I became the master of the standing diaper change.  FIL thought it was weird to see me do it, but it sure helped!