or Connect

Posts by cyclamen

I'm sorry things did not go as planned, but it sounds like you are feeling ok about how things went.  I'm glad that you had lots of support.  Birth is such a wild card sometimes.  How are you and the baby recovering?
So much great advice in this thread.  I am planning our second/third hospital birth.  (Second birth was planned to be in hospital but ended up at home.)  One thing a doula in my DDC brought up is if you have a good relationships with your midwives/OB and know your hospital policies well, sometimes it's a good idea to get to the hospital earlier than later.  Traveling in late labor can be hard.  It can be nice to have time to nest and get comfortable instead of taking a car...
Also, it sounds like one of your big questions is if it would be safe for you to breathe a baby down again?  This is a good thing to discuss with your care provider.  Careful heart rate monitoring during the pushing stage might give you some peace of mind.
Were you on any kind of monitor of the baby's heartbeat?  Did the baby have trouble breathing?  Have you had a chance to talk to your doctor or see your records and go over them together?  It might be useful for you to come up with a list of questions for your doctor.  You can ask her, and perhaps also see if you can talk to another doctor to see if they agree about the decisions that were made.  That might  help you figure out what you think of the whole...
So, I have child with severe gluten and mild dairy intolerance.  I've read extensively about that possibly being related to bacterial balance and I'm very interested in doing what I can to support healthy gut flora in my kids.  I have reservations about the overuse of abx but in my opinion GBS+ is not one of those situations.     I was told that IV abx are different from oral abx and do not affect the gut as much.  This seems to be true to me.  I had GBS in my previous...
This happened to a friend of mine, only while she was in labor she told the midwife that she had smoked pot once during her pregnancy.  I guess they are mandated reporters, so she had to have cps come and check on her after the baby came home.  She said it was stressful but that the case worker came to her house and closed the case immediately.  She is not a wealthy suburban mom, either.     I do not think they will test your baby placenta or meconium and wouldn't worry...
dp
Ooh, that sucks!  I hope that tonight is the night for you!
Oh I thought of one other experiment I have been doing that seems to have helped.  Kinda TMI but we're talking about birth here.  If you put your thumb  or finger on your perineum, there is a muscle there.  Press gently, exhale, and play with moving your pelvis/sacrum/flattening and curving your lower back.  See if you can find a softening there.  Does it come from inhaling?  Exhaling?  From having your lower back curved or flat?  You don't have to press hard, you don't...
No, my EDD April 8.  But congratulations on your April baby too!