or Connect

Posts by luz

Thank you all for all the wonderful suggestions!
She likes historical fiction, mysteries, harry potter... I think her reading level is probably about a 6th grade level.
Hi All, I'm a lucky mom to an almost-ten-year-old daughter. She's a voracious reader, which in general I'm really happy about. However, I find that as she makes her own choices about reading material, I'm not too impressed with some of her choices. I'm not going to censor her reading, but I would like to seed our shelves with lots of great options for character-building books. Any recommendations? I'm looking for engaging "chapter books" with strong characters,...
Hi All, I'm a clinical social worker in Brighton, Colorado. I'm working with a Spanish-speaking client right now who's about a month away from delivery, is a first-time mom, and doesn't have a lot of supportive people in her life. (Certainly no one she feels comfortable asking to be present during the birth.) Does anyone know of any doula services in the Denver, CO area, or in or near Brighton? Any lead you might have would be really helpful. Thanks so much!
Thanks for all the suggestions!
Dear 2mama, Thanks for your post. The problem isn't milk supply in a physiological sense. It's more having the time to pump. My son is the third, so we have two wonderful yet demanding other kids. I feel like , when baby is sleeping, it's important to give them some attention, as well as keeping up with the house, etc. I'm not complaining; these are all part of lifestyle choices we've made; it's just hard to find time to fit everything in with everybody's needs....
Hi all, I have a 7-month-old son who is a great nurser. He has recently started solid foods, and is enjoying eating in small doses. My question is this: I work two days/week, and am having a hard time pumping enough breastmilk to get him through the day. Is it okay for my husband to give him water once a day? Or should we start supplementing with formula? If so, which formula? I went into the formula aisle today and was completely overwhelmed. Formulas, even the organic...
Hi all, I have a 7-month-old son who is a great nurser. He has recently started solid foods, and is enjoying eating in small doses. My question is this: I work two days/week, and am having a hard time pumping enough breastmilk to get him through the day. Is it okay for my husband to give him water once a day? Or should we start supplementing with formula? If so, which formula? I went into the formula aisle today and was completely overwhelmed. Formulas, even the...
Hi Shyly, I just read your post and I know it's been a while since you posted, and I'm wondering how you're doing. I suffered from post-partum depression a lot too, only it wasn't just post-partum, either--it was throughout most o fhte pregnancy too. I think the hormones didn't help, but there were a lot of issues going on in my life that I needed to work out and I needed someone to talk to who could help me with that. The therapist I worked with for a couple of...
Oh my gosh--rosaries! We have them all over! My mom's a big fan of Medjugorje (a papally approved site of Marian appiritions in the 1980's), and she keeps us well supplied My favorite, I think, is made of wood, and each decade is a different primary color. I think they were made for the Jubilee year in 2000. My kids like to play with them, and I like to pray the rosary when I'm walking or jogging. I'm not very good at focusing on the mysteries, but I find it's kind...