or Connect

Posts by lyterae

It's been a ridiculously long time and I've missed of all you! I'm hoping to be able to join in again.    How the heck do I use the mothering forums on a tablet? I finally have the ability to have easier more frequent access again, but I can't figure out how to comment using the tablet. Any ideas so I can come hang out? :)
  There are not any birth centers up here, Munson (the Traverse City hospital) does have CNMs though.    
Yay! Thinking of you this morning. :)
Hey ladies! I know I don't stop in very frequently but I think of you often. :)   Life is crazy, but good of course. Being a stay-at-home mom is an awful lot of work but I'm fortunate that we've been able to make it work financially.   Ben is 8 months old now, crawling, teething, getting into everything,etc.. He has just started making some new sounds in the past couple of days and I anticipate that "dada" will be in the near future and I can't wait, DH will be...
We have the same problem, I've had good luck with the circo brand at Target. 
Just a quick update. At 4 months Ben suddenly wouldn't latch on anymore and I started pumping to try and keep up my supply. I was getting less than an ounce in a 24 hour period (pumping every 2 hours). I started supplements and Dom and was able to increase to between 1.5-2 ounces a day (after almost 5 weeks). I couldn't justify the cost of the supplements and Dom for 2 ounces of milk or less a day and within a week after stopping(running out) my supplements my supply was...
Ladies - I wanted to stop by and visit. I miss you all and think of you often! I just don't have time to stop by anymore, the second child really has rid me of my free time! If anyone wants to keep in contact - email or facebook? my email is my username at hotmail.com   <3
    I did the test when Ben was 2 weeks old, because I was concerned that we weren't getting enough supplementation and really needed to know how much he was getting from me. I'm grateful we did the test because it did give us a lot of valuable information and confirmed that he was not getting nearly enough to eat.     In other news Ben is starting to refuse to nurse, I'm going to have to break out the pump again. I hate pumping, it's so much more discouraging to pump and...
I've done the four hour pump test twice now and based on my findings my total 24 hour output is between 5-6 ounces. Which with our amount of supplementation seems about right. I'm glad she is growing well :)        
I've been curious about this as well, I only make about 5-6 ounces of milk - we supplement using bottles. He nurses multiple times during the day and night. We are currently 3 months postpartum with no signs of AF.