or Connect

Posts by hajenkatt

We're in Vienna by the Vienna Metro.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rev1053 I went in front of the city board twice. But eventually I got the ordnance changed. : I had to call the board members at home and talk to them beforehand to make sure I addressed any problems they thought may occur. I also talked to all of my neighbors and made sure they were OK with it. DS1 was also helping me out with this and we both had a ton of fun with it! Eta:...
Congrats on your VBAC! I am almost at my 2 year VBAC anniversary, and I am still amazed by it! It's a great feeling!
I have to say that all the docs in my practice were so VBAC supportive, but there was one who really laid it on me about the fetal monitoring, etc. I was so stressed out about it and the possibility of her being on call. Turns out you can find out the doctor's vacation/work schedules for the week or two period around your due date, so that helps with the mindset of who you might have deliver the baby. As for the actual fetal monitoring with my VBAC--my labor was SO...
My VBAC was in a hospital, and I credit my OB for making my VBAC happen. We were at a critical point. Lots of pushing, and the baby wasn't budging. At all. My OB offered to do a vacuum extraction--that despite the fact that they wouldn't normally offer it to a VBAC patient he was damned confident that it was doing to work. And he knew how much I did NOT want a repeat C-section and I sure has h*ll did not want an epidural. I told him to go for it, and we did it. I...
When we lived in ATL, many of our neighbors worked for the CDC. I was asking one of them particular vaccination questions, and from him mouth: He said basically that the biggest group in the US that actively has Hep B is the Hispanic/immigrant population. That they (the CDC/gov't, etc.) know that the only time they are going to see these babies is at birth when they are at the hospital. So they changed things so that the first shot is given within the first...
I came here to post the same article, too. What made me so mad was the statement: Quote: Unvaccinated children can spread diseases to others who have not gotten their shots or those for whom vaccinations provided less-than-complete protection. They make unvacc'd children sound like rabid dogs. When they talk about the outbreaks these kids "caused", if the vaccines are so effective, why was there such an outbreak? Blech.
On another board a poster made an interesting point. That with all the lead being found in children's toys from China, what could be in the US vaccines that are manufactured in China? I have not been able to find any evidence of this on either side. Are US vaccines manufactured in China? If so, yet another argument not to give them to our kids...
I could barely finish the article it ticked me off so much. As mykdsmomy said, what about all the OTHER stuff that is in there? Let's look at all of it, not just pick and choose! Sheesh!
Quote: Originally Posted by Ambrose Are there other sites similar to ebay? [meaning not hyena cart and stuff but like- YKWIM...] iOffer.com is eBay's #1 competitor. They are a negotiation site rather than an auction site. You deal with the seller and then come to an agreement on the price and not get outbid at the last second. I just spoke with the company and they said that cloth diaper sales were welcome. I know that when I go to sell my...