or Connect

Posts by CorasMama

Yeah, I've read all about Weston A Price (who, btw, was a dentist, not a doctor.)
when, exactly, is "back then" and "back in the day"? I'm confused, because you are saying it's pre-1800, but then not including the 18th century (1700-1799) in this time of magical, toxin-free, healthy well-rounded diets. And which isolated rural communities? Because, afaik, infant mortality as well as maternal mortality are at pretty much a low point, especially when compared to "long ago". Also, rickets is not a recent development.
We got the diagnosis prenatally. My younger daughter has a Giant Omphalocele, and will only (hopefully) have special medical needs for a few years. However, as I am prone to depression, I knew I had to be proactive. I was seen at the Maternal Fetal Medicine clinic at a large university hospital, and they have a psych team attached to the clinic. I got talk therapy there while I was pregnant and for a short while postpartum. But one of the most helpful things was, we...
Quote: Originally Posted by StrongBeliever As much as I adore the standard of beauty from long ago, I think that(as most art goes) is probably an idealized version of what was considered beautiful then. I think that many of those pictures are proportionate... The meatier gal with B or Cs. There are plenty with smaller bosoms too... I guess it was just what was perceived as lovely and what made it onto canvas. You might have a hunch, with the...
This is a very good question. My uterus has a checkered history, (bicornuate uterus, 2 LC - one preemie, 2 1st tri m/c, 1 2nd tri m/c), so it was something we took into consideration with this last pregnancy. And then, at 12 weeks, we learned that she has a birth defect that would definitely mean a lot of medical stuff and hospital stays and surgeries, etc. The whole pregnancy was rough, both physically and emotionally, and we got to 38 weeks, with the help of meds and...
Quote: Originally Posted by cjnvicki does anyone know how to make the pump suction stronger? what pump are you using?
Lisa, can you ask to be put on hospital bedrest if, at 36 weeks, the amnio says the lungs are not mature? That way, you can all know that if you do go in to labor or have a placental emergency, they can do the birth immediately, thus nearly mitigating that risk. I was also in a situation where it could have been REALLY REALLY bad for me to go into labor spontaneously. They usually like to wait as long as possible to do the c/s for omphalocele babies, let them cook until...
Quote: Originally Posted by Evie's Mama I remember that!!! Everyone thought it was the HH thread. Thread title ideas... Is this really a BFP at 4 DPO??? New legislation would make homebirth illegal My 2 mo seems really interested in food, should I go ahead and try? My 16 yo still wants to cosleep LO knowingly fed my MIL food she's allergic to Fixed that last one for you!
yes, take this very seriously. I've been down this road with a child (not mine, but I was parenting him at the time) who was your son's age and also has asperger's. It was a scary time, and involved some pretty drastic measures to stabilize him, but it was worth it that we took it seriously and got him help. Don't wait, don't let others make you wait. Get him help and now.
I have so been where you are. My baby HAD to be born via c/s, and I accepted that, but it also took me a couple months of therapy (and an ativan) to get me up on that table and bent over accepting the epidural. So I feel your pain, I do. And its necessity doesn't somehow magically make it something to be happy about. The whole, "be happy you have the docs and technology available to you that women didn't have decades ago" attitude will come in months or years...