or Connect

Posts by CorasMama

Just treat it as one of the multitude of other things a new employee asks about at the beginning of their job, like where the bathrooms are, where you put your coat, what the best/fastest/cheapest lunch places are, and how you can work pumping into your day in a way that's most convenient for the firm. Don't ask, "MAY I pump?" but rather, "WHERE may I pump?" Will you have any colleagues who you think would be more comfortable with talking about it? Like, you could ask a...
Quote: Originally Posted by texmati forget housework-- My 'dream MIL' would hold her tongue, and say only nice things about baby and mom. He looks cold? it's ok, she'll figure it out. He needs a hat? it's ok she'll figure it out. After knowing how sensitive I was those first few weeks to critisim, I now just give compliments after births: "You are doing such a wonderful job" "you look great!" "s/he's so sweet, looks just like you" "awww... s/he knows...
I am hopefully getting an appointment with a local doc who specializes in breastfeeding. Our issues are so complex right now, the lactation consultants are just saying, yeah, go talk to this lady, you've got too much going on for us to deal with. I also got an email consultation from Jack Newman. I'm hoping this doc can help with even just one of our issues. Especially either Fiona's budding oral aversion or the horrible pain in my left breast. When I called to make...
Quote: Originally Posted by journeymom That was my guess, as well! Quote: Originally Posted by CorasMama http://www.mothering.com/discussions...s/viewpost.gif Not Cheney. The first guy is Prescott Bush, George H W's brother. Holy cow. Though I think he's Bush Sr's dad, not his brother. It was both. There are three Prescotts. Bush Sr's dad, Bush Sr's brother, and Prescott III, who has not been around for a while....
the valium didn't make me groggy the next morning, but I have a pretty high tolerance for benzos. And I totally second the suggestion to take a ton of cal/mag
Quote: Originally Posted by Theoretica You're related to Dick Cheney and George W? You win. Not Cheney. The first guy is Prescott Bush, George H W's brother.
Theoretica: Make sure you print out your description of the day. Someday you will laugh about it. Just as I now laugh about the day with the bizarre confluence of events and 4-year-old non-mastery of communication that led to CPS being called by someone visiting our home when DD called out to her dad, "Daddy, when that lady's gone, come play the naked game with us!"
One of my relatives was kinda famous for business dealings with nazi-affiliated corporations. And another is kinda famous for what some call war crimes. And probably doing coke in college (allegedly). And squeaking out of his National Guard responsibilities. Thankfully, we're only related by marriage.
yeah, Unisom and all the meds like it (diphenhydramine, doxylamine, promethazine, etc) can cause really bad secondary RLS. My doc gave me valium, 5mg, to take at bedtime if I was having RLS symptoms while I was pg. If you're not taking a ton every day, most benzos are pretty safe during pregnancy. The only concern is, if you take it a lot (more than just a 5mg pill once a day), there is a chance the baby will have withdrawal symptoms for a few days. But again, there is...
yes, baby's iron stores deplete by 6 months. Why/how would vitamins tax his body?