or Connect

Posts by CorasMama

Quote: Originally Posted by MaerynPearl The studies that have shown that women who get an early ultrasound do tend to have more miscarriages than those who go without do NOT take into account the fact that the majority of early ultrasounds are done to check viability of pregnancy because something seems off about the pregnancy or because the mother has an already increased risk of miscarriage. I am fully in the belief that 100% of the time those women...
Quote: Originally Posted by MJB Edie takes one. She doesn't love it but she'll sleep with it or take it in the car. It took a lot of persuading. The only kind she will take is the Soothie brand, which has got to be the UGLIEST pacifier ever invented. My first didn't have one and my second had one until about 11 months when we took them away. I was totally against them until my second was born and I had a 3 yr. old to take care of along with a newborn....
I am ded of cute. DED, I tell you.
I totally identify with how good it feels to finally leave the pump at home. I remember one day when dd1 was 13 months old, I was at work, pumping, and I realized that between her initial feeding issues and going back to work right after the feeding issues resolved, I had been pumping over a year, and I was D.O.N.E. We went on to nurse for another year and a half, nursing quite a bit while I was home, until some time after 2 years old, she started to taper off.
I'm taking More Milk Special Blend, and I totally notice a difference (I'm EPing). Also, I drink one dark beer a week, and I notice a definite boost for at least a day.
She nursed tonight! It was only for a minute, but she was happy, not screaming as though merely being offered the breast was murder most foul. I am so glad, I really had started to believe it was over. Now I have hope.
mine likes to save hers for when Daddy or Big Sister are going to change her. (atta girl!) She also seems to have my bladder capacity (like, that's my superpower!) She'll go from dry diaper to soaked-and-then-some in under 5 minutes, and those Huggies have a HUGE capacity. Hopefully, this means potty training will come early and/or be easy.
Fiona is now 10 weeks old! She's doing fairly well, growing on schedule, increasing in weight and length percentiles, which is awesome. Unfortunately, she hasn't taken anything orally in over a week, but I persevere. Pumping is going well, though, and I'm starting to think about what to do with the milk in the freezer, because some of it's going to go bad before she's old enough for me to use it for cooking for her. I'm up to about 17 liters stored, 14+ in the...
Fiona is now 10 weeks old! She's doing fairly well, growing on schedule, increasing in weight and length percentiles, which is awesome. Unfortunately, she hasn't taken anything orally in over a week, but I persevere. Pumping is going well, though, and I'm starting to think about what to do with the milk in the freezer, because some of it's going to go bad before she's old enough for me to use it for cooking for her. I'm up to about 17 liters stored, 14+ in the freezer...
oh, I did try the seventh gen wipes, and the costco ones are way way better. I didn't like how flimsy the seventh gen ones were. If it weren't for all the other stuff with caring for Fiona, I'd make my own with paper towels and wipes liquid (water and some EOs and something else, I can't remember the recipe,) but I just don't have the energy to add one more chore to the list. We didn't use the huggies regular wipes, we used the thick unscented ones. I'm really picky...