or Connect

Posts by CorasMama

We use 100% disposables. Cloth diapers come up too far in front, and would touch or cover her omphalocele, which has to be kept clean and dry (well, outside the dressing.) We can fold down the front of disposables better, so that's what we have to use. We've tried several brands, and here's our results (some of which surprised me): -Nature Baby Care: stiff, too plasticky on the outside, gave her red skin (only used these twice, each time she had red skin after, so we...
Is fasting even allowed? In my religion, pregnant and nursing mothers are specifically NOT to fast, and I'd thought that was the same with Islam.
the area that hurts above the scar is probably where they resected to, meaning they had to pull back everything (fat, skin, muscle) to expose your uterus. That will stop hurting and start healing soon. I'm puffier and numb above my incision site, and the numbness is going away in some places and not in others. My doc said that's from the nerves that have to get severed by the incision, and that some or most or all will re-grow their pathways, and some may not, and some...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kathryn Here are two of Auri a couple days ago (she'll be 7 weeks tomorrow): http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1905504_n.jpg http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._6916904_n.jpg Awww... I luffs her!
We hit a milestone here. Baby's First Ear Infection. Every baby in my family, ever, has gotten them, and I'm the only one who never got tubes. I figure, if she keeps getting them (as one would assume she will), we'll have them put tubes in at the same time as her first omphalocele surgery, which is going to be a year or two from now. That way we don't have to have an additional round of general anesthesia. She's cranky, but the tylenol is helping. And soon, the...
Quote: Originally Posted by jdg Awww. So many adorable photos! I just realized that I haven't put up any pictures of her older than 6 weeks old, and she'll be 11 weeks tomorrow! Will have to get pics off my camera later, but here are three of my favorites, even if they are older: Ridiculously uncomfortable-looking sleeping position at 2 1/2 weeks old Closeup at 5 1/2 weeks old Working hard at tummy time at 5 1/2 weeks old Fiona does that same...