or Connect

Posts by CorasMama

I'm seeing a Nurse Practitioner at an OB-GYN's office for removal of my Mirena IUD, because they do more IUD removals than the midwife we've nearly picked. Is getting my IUD out going to hurt as much, less than, or more than, getting it inserted? What is involved in getting the Mirena taken out? How soon will I get a period and have an ovulatory cycle? We're going to wait a couple of months, but I'd like to know what to expect. I know IUDs can be controversial here,...
Quote: Originally Posted by GenB My fav find is an old cool piece of concrete column that I use as a plant stand. In a trash can, this thing was....amazing. I take stuff to our local good will, but we live downtown in our community and many times I'll place things by my trash can and people will cruise our alley to pick them up. It's kind of understood around here that items in the alley are fair game and things usually only last in our alley an hour...
I just take the produce out of the bags, mostly. Unless it's something really small, like green beans, the produce can all rattle around together in the crisper drawer. It's not going to hurt anything if my zucchini touch my broccoli, or my braeburn apples touch my pink lady apples! We have one of those cascading wire baskets that hangs from the ceiling for other produce. You know, the ones with 3-4 different sizes of baskets, hanging one above the other? I use...
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquesce I roll my eyes at a lot of notions of food safety, but this one I definitely fall on the side of toss it -- I'd be too worried about consuming it to ever feel good about using it anyway. exactly. Unless you can get it through a Brita filter, I wouldn't feed this to my family! And I have sensitive skin, so microscopic shards of glass don't sound too great for topical use, either. I think this is one of...
: I'm so relieved it worked out (and you worked her out)!!! I hope your recovery goes smoothly, and you guys get some well-deserved rest.
No one?
Wait, your husband put placenta in your food without your knowledge? I'm not saying I wouldn't eat placenta (I'd prefer capsulized for my own sensibilities), but it'd have to be some kind of emergency for me to be okay with being fed placenta without my knowledge!
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBegonias i totally understand. i hope you can find something! it sounds like baby is doing fine, and as long as you are still feeling good about things (nothings *wrong*), i wouldn't worry too much. i just saw some stories (on this forum) about mom's with broken waters and start/stop labors for several days. i remember one mom mentioned 80+ hours from when her waters broke to delivery. my own labor was 42 hours,...
We got an awesome sale on ricotta cheese, but I'm not quite ready to use it yet, and may or may not be ready by the sell by date. If I freeze it, will it be any different after thawing?
1. Is it or has it ever been alive? yes 2. Are they human? yes 3. Is it female? no 4. Is he a wizard? yes 5. Is he a student at any point during the books (not counting memories or pensive thingies)? no 6. Is he a professor? no 7. Is he a parent of a Hogwarts student? no 8. Is he a Ministry of Magic employee? no 9. Is he a Death Eater? no 10. Is he a member of the Order of the Phoenix? yes 11. Mundungus Fletcher? you're good!