or Connect

Posts by mommy65

i'm wanting to start learning spanish with my 6 and 8 year old boys.  i know a lot of families use rosetta stone, but i instinctively think this is a bit too much for my kids right now.  i'm looking for a multi-sensory fun way into conversational spanish. not too "schooly."  has anyone used Power Glide?? i'd love to know more about that, including what exactly you had to purchase in order to start.  any other methods you've used to learn foreign language would be great...
thanks for the moral support!  good to know i'm not alone, but i'm sorry so many of us are struggling with the same issue.  i've been told it's the age and it will pass, but i don't see that much of this in our hs group here, so sometimes it does feel like it must be something i'm doing wrong.  i think i just have to treat it like a spiritual practice and repeat to myself that this too shall pass.  still, it can get me worrying at times. thanks again and good luck to all...
i'm homeschooling my two boys and am having real issues with my 7 1/2 yr. old.  there are a few things at play, including the fact that we are very different personalities.  we take a very relaxed approach to academics, and while i'm not an unschooler, i don't tend to push or require too much in the way of classes and activities and, for the most part, he gets to explore the world in his own way at his own speed.  the problem is this: it's driving me nuts!!!  anything i...
all thoughtful responses. thank you. 13sandals, could you tell me more the vaccine reaction in your five year old? i will say that, as far as i can tell, the longer you wait to immunize, the fewer they have to have. it seems that my seven year old will be spared some, if we choose to go ahead. having said that, i'm leaning against it. i just hope we don't end up in the ER, where i've heard terrible stories of harassment from medical personel. we experienced this a...
thank you so much! this is all very helpful. i hadn't heard of the seven year old who had a severe reaction like that. how scary. i am hopeful that, by waiting, we may reduce the number of vaccines, but i haven't gotten clear on that. i find the schedules so confusing! also, i would *love* the name of the doctor you mentioned! we are moving to nashville and i've been told it will be very difficult to find a cooperative physician. that would ease my mind greatly!
i guess i'm looking for info, ideas and support. i have a five and a seven year old who have never been vaccinated. we live and homeschool in california and, even though we initially thought we'd start with vaxing after age two, thanks to a great pediatrician and supportive homeschool community, we never did. now we're moving to tennessee and possibly sending our kids to school. the law there is strict, allowing only for religious or medical waivers and i just don't...
uh-oh. hello???
wondering if any of you who homeschool in the nashville area can talk to me about your experience. my family currently lives in los angeles, but we're considering moving to nashville (i grew up there) and i'm wondering what the community is like there. my boys are young, five and seven. thanks!
ok, i'm about to really give waldorf first grade a shot. at least my version i got the christopherus curriculum, which looks great. but i keep reading about how it's a good idea to introduce the forms with a story. so...do i just make something up? sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there somewhere i can find some of these stories? i just need to understand the purpose they're to serve before i dive in and try to come up with my own. any other form drawing tips...
i have book number one. am i supposed to get primer books in addition to the numbered books?