or Connect

Posts by augustashley

I had that with this pregnancy!  I started feeling bad a few days after conception... 9 days before my period was due, and stayed feeling really awful/fatigued/yucky for weeks.  Right around the end of week 6, it lifted and I felt great.  It concerned me, because I have had one miscarriage (out of my prior 5 pregnancies) and that is exactly how I felt.  For my miscarriage I lost the baby at 4-5 wks, but didn't know it was lost until I started bleeding at 8 wks.  So I...
  Hi! This is going to be long, I just want to prep you for what hospital experiences can be like if you are GBS(+) or GBS unknown.   I was GBS(-) for my first birth-no problem.  Then I came up GBS(+) for my second pregnancy (ugh!).  My OB (no midwife available in our area) said that to not have antibiotics for 6 hrs in labor would be malpractice in his mind.  I traveled to a high risk OB I trusted for a 2nd opinion, who said that "if you are worried about infection, have...
Just saw your update, I'm really glad that everything turned out fine for you.  
I have had 3 hospital births and one unassisted (unplanned and super fast) homebirth.  In a nutshell, my first labor was 46 hrs long, I went in and out of transition 3 times when the nurses would check/manipulate/monitor, my labor would just completely stop and regress.  It was awful.  For my second baby I resolved to not go to the hospital until I was closer to delivering.  I had NO idea it was going so quickly-less than 2 hours after the very first twinge of "I think...
I just saw an LA baby organic crib mattress on Overstock.com for $42 plus shipping-I don't know how organic it is, the details say that it is flame retardant.
For me, it's easy to say that because I have three friends with vaccine-injured children, and had an auto-immune problem when I was a teen that was linked to vaccines, it is more likely that my child would have a reaction, and they usually don't question the decision after that. Anyone interested in hearing the other side will continue to ask questions and then I go further into it, but it isn't a subject I bring up on my own.
Any direction would be greatly appreciated. I CD my first son (over 8 years ago) because he got horrible blistering rashes from disposables. I used a mix of fuzzibunz (which I liked but didn't fit him initially); AIO's like Bumkins, and fitteds/prefolds with covers (Nikky's fit him best-he had skinny legs). I did both CD and some 'sposies for my second son, then gave all my diapers away. When I had my third son, I never had a lump sum to reinvest, or much time to...
I had babies that were big at birth (8-9.5 lbs) but had skinny legs. Fitteds and elastic covers were a lifesaver to stop leaking around the legs until they filled out a bit.
Are you still looking? The only midwife I know in lake charles only delivers in hospitals, but there are others who I believe may travel. Have you tried contacting the birth center in Lafayette to see if they can give you any leads?
I have three children, and one received a very delayed DTaP at the age of 5 (He had gotten a nail embedded in his heel and his pedi thought it really necessary to prevent tetanus). I did not notice any reaction to the shot. A year later, my oldest (age 8) fell and scraped his head on the metal handle of a dresser, which cut into his scalp. It was at night, and the ER physician again thought taking a solitary tetanus was very prudent, which I agreed to. They gave him...